PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Digital twin lens reflex. (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=125629)

James Silverton[_2_] April 19th 13 08:44 PM

Digital twin lens reflex.

I enjoyed playing with a friend's much prized Rolleiflex film camera. Do
digital versions exist for cameras of this class? I was not able to
search one out.
--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.

philo [_4_] April 19th 13 09:13 PM

Digital twin lens reflex.

On 04/19/2013 02:44 PM, James Silverton wrote:
I enjoyed playing with a friend's much prized Rolleiflex film camera. Do
digital versions exist for cameras of this class? I was not able to
search one out.

No, there would be no need to do so.

I have a Mamya C220 that I retired a few years ago.
As much as i loved it, my 50D beat it .

I plan to keep it though as I doubt I could get ten dollars for it.

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686

Bowser April 21st 13 04:39 PM

Digital twin lens reflex.

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 20:13:10 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Apr 19, 3:44*pm, James Silverton
wrote:
I enjoyed playing with a friend's much prized Rolleiflex film camera. Do
digital versions exist for cameras of this class? I was not able to
search one out.
--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.

No, you don't need a separate reflex view for digital cameras. Pretty
soon, all optical view cameras will be gone.

maybe, but not until the mirrorless cams are fast enough for sports
and journalism work, not to mention other uses, like BIF.

I'm a mirrorless user only, and don't see that on the horizon.

James Silverton[_2_] April 21st 13 07:46 PM

Digital twin lens reflex.

wrote:
I enjoyed playing with a friend's much prized Rolleiflex film camera. Do
digital versions exist for cameras of this class? I was not able to
search one out.
--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.

No, you don't need a separate reflex view for digital cameras. Pretty
soon, all optical view cameras will be gone.

maybe, but not until the mirrorless cams are fast enough for sports
and journalism work, not to mention other uses, like BIF.

I'm a mirrorless user only, and don't see that on the horizon.

I have a quite recent point and shoot camera whose viewing screen, like
all I have tried, washes out in bright sunlight. It also has an optical
finder, which I made sure of before I bought it.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.

bugbear April 22nd 13 10:52 AM

Digital twin lens reflex.

James Silverton wrote:
I enjoyed playing with a friend's much prized Rolleiflex film camera. Do digital versions exist for cameras of this class? I was not able to search one out.

Depending on WHAT aspect you were enjoying, you might
like the things flip out view screens can do for you.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/blog/...ip-out-screens

BugBear

DanP April 22nd 13 01:23 PM

Digital twin lens reflex.

On Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:13:10 AM UTC+1, RichA wrote:

No, you don't need a separate reflex view for digital cameras. Pretty
soon, all optical view cameras will be gone.

Nooooooooooooo

DanP

Joe Kotroczo April 22nd 13 03:00 PM

Digital twin lens reflex.

wrote:
I enjoyed playing with a friend's much prized Rolleiflex film camera. Do
digital versions exist for cameras of this class? I was not able to
search one out.
--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.

No, you don't need a separate reflex view for digital cameras. Pretty
soon, all optical view cameras will be gone.

You do know what a "view camera" is, right?

Bowser April 22nd 13 06:26 PM

Digital twin lens reflex.

wrote:
I enjoyed playing with a friend's much prized Rolleiflex film camera. Do
digital versions exist for cameras of this class? I was not able to
search one out.
--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.

No, you don't need a separate reflex view for digital cameras. Pretty
soon, all optical view cameras will be gone.

maybe, but not until the mirrorless cams are fast enough for sports
and journalism work, not to mention other uses, like BIF.

I'm a mirrorless user only, and don't see that on the horizon.

I have a quite recent point and shoot camera whose viewing screen, like
all I have tried, washes out in bright sunlight. It also has an optical
finder, which I made sure of before I bought it.

My current cam, a GH3 is excellent in sunlight and even better in dim
light. The EVF is well-shielded so sunlight never reaches it. The LCD
screen is usable in sunlight, but will wash out a bit. I rarely use
the LCD for shooting, only reviewing and menu settings.

Which P&S do you have? I've never seen one with a really usable OVF.
Most, like the Canon G series show only about 80% of the actual image,
which is horrible (for me...).

Bowser April 22nd 13 06:27 PM

Digital twin lens reflex.

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 20:14:08 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

wrote:
[...]

LCD screens aren't what is going to dominate, unless you shoot with a
phone. EVF's are going to be the norm shortly.
They already eclipse optical viewfinders in a few areas. BTW, I saw
someone shooting with a TLR today, it's kind of a novelty. Finding
someone to develop 120 films is also fun.

Pretty funny. Over the weekend I shot a roll of 120 with my Yashica
Mat 124G and a roll with my Minox B. The Minox drew a few stares. I
just had the Minox CLA'd and it seems to work fine. I'll know in a
week or so when the film returns. Damn. Remember those days?

Peabody[_3_] April 22nd 13 11:31 PM

Digital twin lens reflex.

James Silverton says...
I enjoyed playing with a friend's much prized Rolleiflex film camera. Do
digital versions exist for cameras of this class? I was not able to
search one out.

Maybe you could a put a digital back on one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX2vpn3v15w