PhotoBanter.com

-   Medium Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bessa III - who would dare buy one? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=106504)

Max Perl June 1st 09 12:05 PM

Bessa III - who would dare buy one?

"RolandRB" skrev i en meddelelse
http://www.voigtlaender.de/cms/voigt...dih7jzkae.html

At this sort of price and knowing the Voigtländer sloppy standard
problem for its Bessa II folding cameras then who would dare pay this
sort of money for a camera that may not be fit to take pictures with?

The front standard of the Bessa III looks more like the Bessa I which locks
into place. The Bessa III also focus the same way as the Bessa I using the
lens and not some rails. Probably Voigtländer has learned from earlier
mistakes. It is also a design made in Japan. They know how to make a camera
:-) .....I would feel confident getting this one.....

Toni Nikkanen June 1st 09 06:21 PM

"Max Perl" writes:

The front standard of the Bessa III looks more like the Bessa I which locks
into place. The Bessa III also focus the same way as the Bessa I using the
lens and not some rails. Probably Voigtländer has learned from earlier
mistakes. It is also a design made in Japan. They know how to make a camera
:-) .....I would feel confident getting this one.....

Made in Japan indeed, as the polemic original poster already knew, the
Voigtländer of today has nothing but the name from the German company of
same name... for good or bad.

David J. Littleboy June 2nd 09 12:23 PM

"Toni Nikkanen" wrote in message
"Max Perl" writes:

The front standard of the Bessa III looks more like the Bessa I which
locks
into place. The Bessa III also focus the same way as the Bessa I using
the
lens and not some rails. Probably Voigtländer has learned from earlier
mistakes. It is also a design made in Japan. They know how to make a
camera
:-) .....I would feel confident getting this one.....

Made in Japan indeed, as the polemic original poster already knew, the
Voigtländer of today has nothing but the name from the German company of
same name... for good or bad.

My bet would be that it's for good; very good. All the Fuji rangefinders
have been fine mechanically, and the lenses are superb.

The only problem is the price.

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan