PhotoBanter.com

-   Other Photographic Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   finally made the jump to medium format with a Seagull (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=3701)

Scotty Fitzgerald November 21st 03 11:02 PM

finally made the jump to medium format with a Seagull

It took me over a year to make the jump to a Seagull.

You would prob'y have to search an archive, I made a few posts
concerning costs. I labored over the decision for over a year, and
decided that the Seagull 109 was the way to go. I was very surprised
to find they had only one model with flash X synch, but since my
hand-me-down Mamiaya 35mm had that, I wanted to keep the feature. I
like having to have a seperate light meter, and look forward to
getting to use it with the old Mamiaya.

I would have liked something with interchangeable lenses, but that
would entail me having to carry around a camera that costs as much as
a used car.

I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for kind and helpfull
remarks in the past. I am running out now to take a few pictures.
---
Scotty Fitzgerald

Mister K November 22nd 03 03:23 AM

finally made the jump to medium format with a Seagull

Remember to think square.

I have once owned a Yashicamat, Mamiya 330, and a Bronica SQ-A ...
I miss square formats ... but I have switched to nature photography and
finding a 800mm lens for 6x6 is not easy.

Scotty Fitzgerald November 22nd 03 10:30 PM

finally made the jump to medium format with a Seagull

Heh heh heh,
It is going to be interesting when I scan some of the pictures and try
to crop and shape them for viewing on the computer screen.
---
Scotty

jjs November 22nd 03 10:43 PM

finally made the jump to medium format with a Seagull

In article ,
(Scotty Fitzgerald) wrote:

Heh heh heh,
It is going to be interesting when I scan some of the pictures and try
to crop and shape them for viewing on the computer screen.

Yes, it will be interesting when you hit the grain-aliasing limit. Post
some. I'm interested!

Dennis O'Connor November 23rd 03 12:57 PM

finally made the jump to medium format with a Seagull

jjs, the last time I tried to point out that digital processing creates
grain that ain't really there, I got thumped sideways for daring to point it
out... Good Luck///

jjs November 23rd 03 04:35 PM

finally made the jump to medium format with a Seagull

In article , "Dennis O'Connor"
wrote:

jjs, the last time I tried to point out that digital processing creates
grain that ain't really there, I got thumped sideways for daring to point it
out... Good Luck///
Denny

See it he http://wind.winona.edu/~staffor/bluff

(Remember the move Blowup?)

Scotty Fitzgerald November 24th 03 11:40 AM

finally made the jump to medium format with a Seagull

I give up, what is grain aliasing limit.

I gotta say though, I haven't been so interested in finding out what a
tech term means since I learned about "fecal particulates" in my
Ceritfied Food Handlers course.... ;-)
---
Scotty

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:43:44 -0600, (jjs) wrote:

In article ,