PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Photographer Spends Eternity Waiting For Museum Visitors To MatchArtworks (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=130819)

David_B October 19th 17 05:06 PM

Photographer Spends Eternity Waiting For Museum Visitors To MatchArtworks

Photographer Spends Eternity Waiting For Museum Visitors To Match
Artworks And The Result Is Worth The Wait.

Most of us were bored at some museum at least once in our lives - except
this guy! France-based photographer Stefan Draschan always keeps himself
entertained at art galleries by creating his own art projects.
One of those projects is “People matching artworks”. Although at first
Draschan’s images seem perfectly staged, the secret behind them is
actually patience.

The photographer enjoys visiting different museums mostly in Paris,
Vienna and Berlin where he waits for visitors to suddenly match with a
piece of art in a funny way. The result is these humorous and unique
pictures of unexpected harmony between people and the artworks they’re
facing. It’s usually the outfits that match the art, but there are also
people who match with the paintings because of their hair styles and
colors, or even beards.

https://www.boredpanda.com/people-ma...efan-draschan/

--
David B.

Eric Stevens October 20th 17 02:29 AM

Photographer Spends Eternity Waiting For Museum Visitors To Match Artworks

On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 17:06:46 +0100, David_B
wrote:

[...]

We had a glorious example of this kind of thing in this news group
years ago. Somebody posted an image of a store window containing a
large poster, with somebody who closely matched the person in the
poster marching by on the foot path with a closely matching expression
on his face. I remember how I laughed hilariously each time I saw it.

Eric Stevens

Savageduck[_3_] October 20th 17 03:02 AM

Photographer Spends Eternity Waiting For Museum Visitors To Match Artworks

On Oct 19, 2017, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

I believe that was a Tony Cooper image.

Savageduck

Eric Stevens October 20th 17 03:35 AM

Photographer Spends Eternity Waiting For Museum Visitors To Match Artworks

wrote:

[...]

Try as I might, I could not remember whose it was.

I only hope Tony still has it.

Eric Stevens

Eric Stevens October 20th 17 09:03 AM

Photographer Spends Eternity Waiting For Museum Visitors To Match Artworks

On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 23:39:50 -0400, Tony Cooper
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Could be this one:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Candids/i...2-12-07-21.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Candids/i...2-12-07-09.jpg

I did two different crops, and still don't know which I like better.

Tony,

My sister has just posted the
https://www.boredpanda.com/people-ma...efan-draschan/
on facebook. How would you feel if I posted one of yours to go with
it. I can understand why you might not want me to.

Eric Stevens

David_B October 20th 17 03:02 PM

wrote:

[...]

That's where *I* got it from! ;-)

As far as I can see, there is no 'watermark' on either of Tony's images.

--
David B.

David_B October 20th 17 03:06 PM

wrote:

[...]

I prefer the first one! :-) Great Capture.

Do you own the 'copyright' to the images, Tony?

--
David B.

Davoud October 20th 17 03:12 PM

Photographer Spends Eternity Waiting For Museum Visitors To Match Artworks

Tony Cooper:
Could be this one:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Candids/i...2-12-07-21.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Candids/i...2-12-07-09.jpg

I did two different crops, and still don't know which I like better.

Absolutely great photo; it's no wonder Eric Stevens remembered it for
years. There is no contest between versions; the cropped photo wins
hands down.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

David_B October 20th 17 04:43 PM

Photographer Spends Eternity Waiting For Museum Visitors To MatchArtworks

On 20-Oct-17 4:26 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

wrote:

[...]

No problem. All I ask is that it not contain anything that would lead
anyone to me. I avoid Facebook completely, and have no interest in
being "Friends" with anyone on Facebook.

As far as the image goes, she can post that with no attribution. Fine
with me.

FWIW, I believe that Facebook itself strips all EXIF data from
photographs before putting them on-line.

http://windowsitpro.com/blog/how-fac...mage-exif-data

On a different subject, something some of us look for are pets that
look like their owners or owners who look like their pets. I captured
one those walking in the park:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Candids/i...3-12-01-12.jpg

Magic! :-D

--
David B.

David_B October 20th 17 04:50 PM

Photographer Spends Eternity Waiting For Museum Visitors To MatchArtworks

On 20-Oct-17 4:28 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 15:02:31 +0100, David_B

[....]
As far as I can see, there is no 'watermark' on either of Tony's images.

I don't do that with any photograph. I take photographs because I
enjoy doing it, not for the recognition. Anyone who wants to use,
steal, or in any way appropriate one of my images is quite welcome to
do so.

You're a '*Bonza Bloke*', Tony. :-D

That entirely MY view too!

Thanks.