PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Oh dear, Stacey....have those good vibrations stopped? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=53252)

Stacey December 13th 05 04:56 AM

Oh dear, Stacey....have those good vibrations stopped?

Larry Lynch wrote:

There is no reason to believe a SENSOR will be highly prone to dust from
sitting on a camera store's shelf display.

Keep in mind also that the camera in question was a "DEMO" not a
"DISPLAY".. there is a more than a subtle difference.

Exactly and we have no idea how it was "demo'd" or for how long. Like I said
given this is one of the few threads I've seen about an E1 and sensor dust,
something weird happened to the "demo" sample.

--

Stacey

Alan Browne December 16th 05 08:36 PM

Oh dear, Stacey....have those good vibrations stopped?

lens crack wrote:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=16212349

I don't know why you're picking on someone over this. A new in the box
Oly won't have this problem. Buying a store demo unit is buying the
behaviour of everyone who ever mis-handled it.

I'd be much happier if my camera had the Oly dust system.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Rich December 17th 05 04:27 AM

Oh dear, Stacey....have those good vibrations stopped?

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:36:59 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

lens crack wrote:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=16212349

I don't know why you're picking on someone over this. A new in the box
Oly won't have this problem. Buying a store demo unit is buying the
behaviour of everyone who ever mis-handled it.

I'd be much happier if my camera had the Oly dust system.

It does, sort of. But it's much slower and only comes on when you
take a picture.
-Rich

Alan Browne December 17th 05 09:50 PM

wrote:

I'd be much happier if my camera had the Oly dust system.

It does, sort of. But it's much slower and only comes on when you
take a picture.

eh?

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.