PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital Point & Shoot Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   HELP needed with NIKON 8700 flash (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=86551)

Terry[_2_] September 26th 07 01:56 PM

HELP needed with NIKON 8700 flash

I have a Nikon CoolPix 8700 that I love.
I'm trying to understand some of the bells & whistles that come with
it.
The manual is not very user friendly.
Can someone help me figure out how to turn the flash off and take 1/2
second photos?

Terry

Matti Vuori September 30th 07 05:32 AM

HELP needed with NIKON 8700 flash

Terry wrote in news:1190811405.760597.56670
@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:
Can someone help me figure out how to turn the flash off and take 1/2
second photos?

1) Push the top left button on the left side of the camera until "flash
off" -symbol appears
2) Set the camera to Shutter priority mode (S) by rotating the command dial
while the "Mode" button is pushed down
3) Adjust the shutter speed to 1/2 second by rotating the command dial

--
Matti Vuori, http://sivut.koti.soon.fi/mvuori/index-e.htm