PhotoBanter.com

-   -   firmware for nikon s3 (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=100491)

chelo August 19th 08 04:19 PM

firmware for nikon s3

Hi, I'm desperely looking firmware for my Nikon S3. I've lose background in
menu, it's very odd. It's impossible to download firmware from Nikon site,
and I have sent them several mails with no response.
I hope somebody could help me!

No Spam[_4_] August 19th 08 04:28 PM

firmware for nikon s3

"chelo" u45577@uwe wrote in message news:88e893d8dd336@uwe...
Hi, I'm desperely looking firmware for my Nikon S3. I've lose background
in
menu, it's very odd. It's impossible to download firmware from Nikon site,
and I have sent them several mails with no response.
I hope somebody could help me!

S3 no firmware updates available

Source:
http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin...?p_faqid=13783

So there were no end-user firmware updates, so that means the camera has to
be sent to Nikon for repair.

Jürgen Exner August 19th 08 04:30 PM

firmware for nikon s3

"chelo" u45577@uwe wrote:
It's impossible to download firmware from Nikon site,

Can't reproduce your observation, I didn't have any problems downloading
updates for my Nikon.

jue

chelo August 19th 08 04:32 PM

firmware for nikon s3

There's no official service here in Argentina...
And I don't need an "update", I just need to restore original firmware.

chelo August 19th 08 04:42 PM

firmware for nikon s3

Maybe I didn't express myself correctly, I just wasn't able to find original
firmware for my camera, not an update. I've a registered camera with a serial
number and I have send several mail to Nikon support with that information,
but didn't have any answer.
If someone has an idea on how to proceed it will be very helpful for me.

Darrell A. Larose[_2_] August 19th 08 05:19 PM

firmware for nikon s3

The original firmware is only available to authorized Nikon Service outlets;

"chelo" u45577@uwe wrote in message news:88e8af1444976@uwe...
There's no official service here in Argentina...
And I don't need an "update", I just need to restore original firmware.

Argentina,
Eduardo Udenio y Cia.S.A.C.I.F.I.
Ayacucho 1235, Buenos Aires (1111), Argentina

Tel: +54-11-4811-1864
E-mail:

chelo August 19th 08 05:33 PM

firmware for nikon s3

Thanks, I already called that people, but they only repair cameras imported
by them to Argentina. That's not my case.

No Spam[_4_] August 19th 08 08:42 PM

firmware for nikon s3

So your only option is to throw the camera away, as this has no user
accessible firmware. How do you know your problem is a firmware problem, and
not hardware failure?

No Spam[_4_] August 19th 08 08:43 PM

firmware for nikon s3

"Jürgen Exner" wrote in message
"chelo" u45577@uwe wrote:
It's impossible to download firmware from Nikon site,

Can't reproduce your observation, I didn't have any problems downloading
updates for my Nikon.

jue

S3 no firmware updates available based on Nikon's website. Can't
download something that doesn't exist.

chelo August 19th 08 08:49 PM

firmware for nikon s3

I know that because I have "visions", and one of them told me that it's a
firmware problem and also told me that you're a loser.

No Spam wrote:
So your only option is to throw the camera away, as this has no user
accessible firmware. How do you know your problem is a firmware problem, and
not hardware failure?

Thanks, I already called that people, but they only repair cameras
imported

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
E-mail: