PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   OFFICIAL RESULTS: rec.photo.digital.moderated poll (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=2225)

Lionel June 24th 04 04:50 PM

OFFICIAL RESULTS: rec.photo.digital.moderated poll

REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL.MODERATED

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POLL CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OFFICIAL RESULTS AFTER 7 DAYS:

IN FAVOR AS PROPOSED: 22 VOTES

IN FAVOR WITH CHANGES: 6 VOTES

AGAINST: 12 VOTES

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28

TOTAL AGAINST: 12

BREAKDOWN:

IN FAVOR AS PROPOSED

John McWilliams

Jack Pohler

Richard Cockburn

Kimberlee

Double D

Nuk

Bill

David Dyer-Bennet

Thad

Charlie

rs

Dean Humphries ±

Leroy Jolicoeur

Orville Wright

Steven Scharf

Charles Schuler

Tonci

lid

Anders Svensson

Paolo

Mike

Adam

IN FAVOR WITH CHANGES

Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Steve Young"

G.T.

Tony

Chuck

ittsy

NOT IN FAVOR

Bay Area Dave

Trevor S

Ron Hunter

Big Bill

Mxsmanic

George

Roger Halstead

Charles

Jerry Shaw

Webkatz

Chris G

Simone Wellington

THANKS!

LIONEL

Lionel June 24th 04 04:55 PM

OFFICIAL RESULTS: rec.photo.digital.moderated poll

I didn't post this. It's a forgery of my email address via the
nym.alias.net anonymous remailer.

Subject: OFFICIAL RESULTS: rec.photo.digital.moderated poll
From: "Lionel"
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:50:20 -0500 (CDT)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,news.gr oups,alt.spam,alt.snuh

REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL.MODERATED

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POLL CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OFFICIAL RESULTS AFTER 7 DAYS:

IN FAVOR AS PROPOSED: 22 VOTES
IN FAVOR WITH CHANGES: 6 VOTES
AGAINST: 12 VOTES

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28
TOTAL AGAINST: 12

BREAKDOWN:

IN FAVOR AS PROPOSED

[snip peoples' email addresses]

Simone Wellington June 24th 04 05:08 PM

OFFICIAL RESULTS: rec.photo.digital.moderated poll

Lionel wrote:

NOT IN FAVOR

Simone Wellington

Lionel, this is an error. I voted for the proposal, not against it.

-Simon Wellington

Steve Young June 24th 04 05:20 PM

OFFICIAL RESULTS: rec.photo.digital.moderated poll

"Lionel" wrote in message
m...

REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL.MODERATED

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POLL CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops!

OFFICIAL RESULTS AFTER 7 DAYS:

IN FAVOR AS PROPOSED: 22 VOTES
IN FAVOR WITH CHANGES: 6 VOTES
AGAINST: 12 VOTES

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28
TOTAL AGAINST: 12

though it passed with the greater 2 to 1 yes votes
it didn't get the required 100 vote difference, so
YOU LOSE!

BREAKDOWN:

snippered

Lionel June 24th 04 05:36 PM

OFFICIAL RESULTS: rec.photo.digital.moderated poll

Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" stated
that:

"Lionel" wrote in message
om...

REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL.MODERATED

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POLL CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops!

OFFICIAL RESULTS AFTER 7 DAYS:

IN FAVOR AS PROPOSED: 22 VOTES
IN FAVOR WITH CHANGES: 6 VOTES
AGAINST: 12 VOTES

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28
TOTAL AGAINST: 12

though it passed with the greater 2 to 1 yes votes
it didn't get the required 100 vote difference, so
YOU LOSE!

It was a forgery, genius. You should learn to read headers.

Steve Young June 24th 04 05:41 PM

"Lionel" wrote in message
Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" stated
that:

"Lionel" wrote in message
om...

REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL.MODERATED

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POLL CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops!

OFFICIAL RESULTS AFTER 7 DAYS:

IN FAVOR AS PROPOSED: 22 VOTES
IN FAVOR WITH CHANGES: 6 VOTES
AGAINST: 12 VOTES

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28
TOTAL AGAINST: 12

though it passed with the greater 2 to 1 yes votes
it didn't get the required 100 vote difference, so
YOU LOSE!

It was a forgery, genius. You should learn to read headers.

so you're not ready to accept it as a loss!? grin

Lionel June 24th 04 05:46 PM

OFFICIAL RESULTS: rec.photo.digital.moderated poll

Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" stated
that:

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28
TOTAL AGAINST: 12

though it passed with the greater 2 to 1 yes votes
it didn't get the required 100 vote difference, so
YOU LOSE!

It was a forgery, genius. You should learn to read headers.

so you're not ready to accept it as a loss!? grin

You don't understand the difference between a poll & an actual vote?
I thought you'd spent time in news.groups?

Alan Browne June 24th 04 07:13 PM

OFFICIAL RESULTS: rec.photo.digital.moderated poll

One of the worst, weakest and lamest attempts at forgery that
have ever been seen around here.

Lionel didn't write:

snipped

[email protected] June 24th 04 07:36 PM

In news.groups Lionel wrote:
Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" stated
that:

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28
TOTAL AGAINST: 12

though it passed with the greater 2 to 1 yes votes
it didn't get the required 100 vote difference, so
YOU LOSE!

It was a forgery, genius. You should learn to read headers.

so you're not ready to accept it as a loss!? grin

You don't understand the difference between a poll & an actual vote?

I hate getting involved, but generally, a pre-RFD survey (if this
is one) shouldn't be expected to get as many participants as a real
Big-8 vote. Historically, that's been demonstrated repeatedly.
Pre-RFD surveys have gotten anywhere between 2-5 times FEWER
As such the main conclusion should only be based on the ratio
of FOR:AGAINST. Don't use pre-RFD surveys to predict the outcome
of the actual vote, either, as there are too many unknown variables.
Just use it to decide whether the proposal should go on to the
formal phases.

ru

--
My standard proposals rant:
Quality, usefulness, merit, or non-newsgroups popularity of a topic

Lionel June 24th 04 07:54 PM

OFFICIAL RESULTS: rec.photo.digital.moderated poll

Kibo informs me that stated that:

In news.groups Lionel wrote:
Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" stated
that:

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28
TOTAL AGAINST: 12

though it passed with the greater 2 to 1 yes votes
it didn't get the required 100 vote difference, so
YOU LOSE!

It was a forgery, genius. You should learn to read headers.

so you're not ready to accept it as a loss!? grin

You don't understand the difference between a poll & an actual vote?

I hate getting involved, but generally, a pre-RFD survey (if this
is one)

Sort of. It's actually a straw poll to see if there's enough interest in
the group to make it worth the effort to write up a real proposal. I'm
also using it to gauge peoples' feelings on what sort of moderation
policies they'd prefer. Call it a pre-pre-RFD. ;)

shouldn't be expected to get as many participants as a real
Big-8 vote. Historically, that's been demonstrated repeatedly.
Pre-RFD surveys have gotten anywhere between 2-5 times FEWER

Exactly.

As such the main conclusion should only be based on the ratio
of FOR:AGAINST. Don't use pre-RFD surveys to predict the outcome
of the actual vote, either, as there are too many unknown variables.
Just use it to decide whether the proposal should go on to the
formal phases.

nods

The troll who forged my email address to his post is also not very good
at counting. Plus, I've had quite a few "in favour, as proposed"
response via email from people who don't wish to be harassed by the
troll for publicly expressing their opinion.

I also hope to run a beta-test version of the proposed group on a
private news server, which will be a big help in debugging the mod-bot,
& will be invaluable in fine-tuning the moderation policies. I strongly
suspect that it will result in a huge "In favour" turn-out when it comes
to a genuine RFD/CFV.