PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Photoshop: Transparent airbrush?? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=23988)

[email protected] December 29th 04 12:57 AM

Photoshop: Transparent airbrush??

I am trying to cut out a person from one image and paste them into
another and make it look fairly believable using Photoshop CS. I have
made a selection using the polygonal lasso tool and have pasted the
layer onto the background. I was pretty successful at cropping the
image however there are some areas that could use touching up. Is
there a tool were I could airbrush "transparent paint" to get rid of
the unwanted areas smoothly? Is there a better way of doing what I
want to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Harold

Gene Palmiter December 29th 04 01:10 AM

There are more advanced ways...but from where you are now....don't use the
air brush...use a regular brush with a soft edge....very soft and quite
small....zoom in and have at it. You might want to fade the top layer so you
can see what is under it.

ups.com...

Frank ess December 29th 04 01:11 AM

wrote:
I am trying to cut out a person from one image and paste them into
another and make it look fairly believable using Photoshop CS. I have
made a selection using the polygonal lasso tool and have pasted the
layer onto the background. I was pretty successful at cropping the
image however there are some areas that could use touching up. Is
there a tool were I could airbrush "transparent paint" to get rid of
the unwanted areas smoothly? Is there a better way of doing what I
want to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Harold

This may be unsophisticated, but I learned to make a second copy of the
background layer, and to mark a common registration point, then clone
from the second to the one you want to touch up. Transparent paint, yup.

--
Frank ess

paul December 29th 04 01:29 AM

wrote:

I am trying to cut out a person from one image and paste them into
another and make it look fairly believable using Photoshop CS. I have
made a selection using the polygonal lasso tool and have pasted the
layer onto the background. I was pretty successful at cropping the
image however there are some areas that could use touching up. Is
there a tool were I could airbrush "transparent paint" to get rid of
the unwanted areas smoothly? Is there a better way of doing what I
want to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Harold

The eraser with an "air brush" brush.

Here's a more forgiving method: Copy a very rough block of the person &
paste as a layer on top of your picture. Pull down menu: Layer Add
layer mask Hide all. Click the channels tab on the layer pallete &
turn on the mask & make it current, it will be a pale red. Erase out the
part you want to reveal & use a paint brush to add back when you erase
too far or use the smudge tool to push in & out.

Hunt December 29th 04 01:58 AM

In article . com,
says...

I am trying to cut out a person from one image and paste them into
another and make it look fairly believable using Photoshop CS. I have
made a selection using the polygonal lasso tool and have pasted the
layer onto the background. I was pretty successful at cropping the
image however there are some areas that could use touching up. Is
there a tool were I could airbrush "transparent paint" to get rid of
the unwanted areas smoothly? Is there a better way of doing what I
want to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Harold

Check out the use of Layer Masks. In alt.graphics.photoshop, you have a few
answers as to the best way to do what you wish.

Hunt

PS this might well be a good topic to X-post into all the NGs you wish to
query, as the answer(s) can benefit subscribers in each. Some frown on X-
posting, but I think this is a wonderful time to do it.