PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital Point & Shoot Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Got a Fuji F31fd (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=81707)

Simon Dean June 1st 07 07:22 PM

Got a Fuji F31fd

Just got it to replace an aging A204 camera. I must admit, it's got some
nice qualities, the picture is so much sharper, I can record video, hook
it up to my tv, brilliant macro shots, it's a wonderful affordable camera.

But the pictures are "too dark", and while sharp, sometimes they seem a
little "purplish".

Odd. Never had those before on the A204.

Cya
Simon

dmaster June 7th 07 06:18 PM

Got a Fuji F31fd

On Jun 1, 1:22 pm, Simon Dean wrote:
Just got it to replace an aging A204 camera. I must admit, it's got some
nice qualities, the picture is so much sharper, I can record video, hook
it up to my tv, brilliant macro shots, it's a wonderful affordable camera.

But the pictures are "too dark", and while sharp, sometimes they seem a
little "purplish".

Odd. Never had those before on the A204.

Cya
Simon

I don't have the Fuji F31fd, but from what I've heard, its a fine
camera. If your pictures are generally "too dark", why don't you set
the exposure compensation to a slightly higher value? "purplish"
could be a white ballance issue, though I doubt it. Have you tried
other white ballance presets, or even manual white ballance? Beyond
that, you might just be encountering a quirk of Fugi's design. I've
read a lot of reviews, and it seems that various makers have their own
characteristic approach to color and noise.

Dan (Woj...)