PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Same Old, Same Old (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=108014)

[email protected] August 17th 09 01:46 AM

Same Old, Same Old

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 11:19:38 -0700 (PDT), uw wayne
wrote:

I was a Nikon affianando for decades. But they continue to introduce
products substandard in specs to many others, introduction after
product introduction.

You give no examples... I submit you have none... and have never seen a D90 or
D300 or anything else new.

But at ridulous prices. Will Nikon ever get
their stuff together and lead again, instead of follow? Long after the
competition has excelled them, they just copy!

Who copies who? Every company in the world copies their competitors... no one
knows who's first...

After 30 years of them
it is wearing thin. NIKON, either lead or join Minolta.

Minolta is gone... I guess you're just a troll... a clue-less troll...

You may make a
profit now, but your time

It's spelled "you're"... it's a contraction of 2 words... "you are"... So you
are an uneducated troll as well!!!

-plonk-

David Nebenzahl August 17th 09 01:55 AM

Same Old, Same Old

On 8/16/2009 5:46 PM spake thus:

wrote:

You may make a profit now, but your time [...]

It's spelled "you're"... it's a contraction of 2 words... "you are"... So you
are an uneducated troll as well!!!

You're wrong. Read the original post again carefully.

Just goes to show what they always say about speeling flames ...

John McWilliams August 17th 09 03:13 AM

Same Old, Same Old

On 8/16/2009 5:46 PM spake thus:

wrote:

You may make a profit now, but your time [...]

It's spelled "you're"... it's a contraction of 2 words... "you are"...
So you
are an uneducated troll as well!!!

You're wrong. Read the original post again carefully.

Just goes to show what they always say about speeling flames ...

Well, "you are time" makes sense in some odd constructions!

Plus he's denigrating trolls, quite unnecessary. Trolls have been
maligned too long on this NG, but on the other hand, we haven't seen a
clever troll here in ages......much less a Troll.

--
john mcwilliams

David Nebenzahl August 17th 09 03:59 AM

Same Old, Same Old

On 8/16/2009 7:13 PM John McWilliams spake thus:

On 8/16/2009 5:46 PM spake thus:

wrote:

You may make a profit now, but your time [...]

It's spelled "you're"... it's a contraction of 2 words... "you are"...
So you are an uneducated troll as well!!!

You're wrong. Read the original post again carefully.

Just goes to show what they always say about speeling flames ...

Well, "you are time" makes sense in some odd constructions!

Nothing odd at all about it. The OP wrote:

You may make a profit now, but your time is limited unless you
compete in technology and price.

which is a perfectly well-formed English sentence. (The other guy
snipped the sentence without indicating he had done so.)

Plus he's denigrating trolls, quite unnecessary. Trolls have been
maligned too long on this NG, but on the other hand, we haven't seen a
clever troll here in ages......much less a Troll.

The current, deprecated definition of troll appears to be "Anyone I
disagree with or don't like".

[email protected] August 18th 09 01:37 AM

Same Old, Same Old

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 19:13:50 -0700, John McWilliams wrote:

On 8/16/2009 5:46 PM spake thus:

wrote:

You may make a profit now, but your time [...]

It's spelled "you're"... it's a contraction of 2 words... "you are"...
So you
are an uneducated troll as well!!!

You're wrong. Read the original post again carefully.

Just goes to show what they always say about speeling flames ...

Oops! Cut off the "is" before I replied... I thought he said "your time limited"
so 'you're time limited'.

I sometimes think "cut and paste" is mans worst enemy!

Well, "you are time" makes sense in some odd constructions!

Plus he's denigrating trolls, quite unnecessary. Trolls have been
maligned too long on this NG, but on the other hand, we haven't seen a
clever troll here in ages......much less a Troll.

That dude is definitely a troll... saying Nikon copies badly? They copy as well
or better than anyone!

"Clever troll" is an oxymoron.

John McWilliams August 18th 09 03:01 AM

Same Old, Same Old

uw_wayne wrote:
On Aug 16, 7:13 pm, John McWilliams wrote:

Plus he's denigrating trolls, quite unnecessary. Trolls have been
maligned too long on this NG, but on the other hand, we haven't seen a
clever troll here in ages......much less a Troll.

John, I'm not a troll, but the real trolls who know nothing about
photograpy are the first to cast aspersions.

Generally so. But many of those here who are called trolls are naught
but pests. Real Trolls left the building here some time ago. We're left
with kooks, pests and folk who get p.o.'ed easily, and some genuine
photographers who occasionally get some good words in edgewise.

--

John McWilliams