PhotoBanter.com

-   -   For those Who Care to Play: Acros SOOC + RAF (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=130296)

Savageduck[_3_] April 23rd 17 10:11 PM

For those Who Care to Play: Acros SOOC + RAF

OK! I found an inoffensive subject for those folks who would like to play.

So here is the SOOC JPEG Acros rendition (14MB) with the RAW file (50.5
MB RAF), and for the folks who just want to peek without dealing with
the big files, a resized JPEG (791KB).
With LR or ACR the Adobe version of Acros is available in the Camera
Calibration panel.

If you care to try AlienSkin Exposure X2, they have a 30 day trial
(works as stand-alone and/or as LR/PS plug-in).
https://www.alienskin.com/exposure/
Their Acros simulation is found in their film presets as "Fuji Neopan
100 Acros".

Resized JPEG 791KB:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yfxuwsez20iv60/_DSF4283RS.jpg
SOOC JPEG 14MB:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mes7v4u49jliphb/_DSF4283.JPG
RAF 50.5MB:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9m981iseihumw2q/_DSF4283.RAF

Savageduck

Savageduck[_3_] April 23rd 17 10:35 PM

On 2017-04-23 21:11:11 +0000, Savageduck said:

[...]

As I have said, I can get pretty close with Exposure X2.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjrcayh6ufe4hrr/_DSF4283-E-Crop.jpg

Savageduck

Ron C April 24th 17 12:21 AM

On 2017-04-23 21:11:11 +0000, Savageduck
said:

[...]

I had hoped to play but my PS-CS6/Bridge can't seem to open any of
the files you've posted. Odd that I can't even open the JPGs.

Seems I'm out. :-(
==
Later...
Ron C

Savageduck[_3_] April 24th 17 12:45 AM

On 2017-04-23 21:11:11 +0000, Savageduck
said:

[...]

When was the last time you updated ACR for PS-CS6? Usually for RAW
files, RAF, NEF, CR2, DNG, etc. will only download from Dropbox and can
usually be found in wherever you direct your downloaded files.

I am going to include a link to an Adobe CC folder with all those
files, with downloads enabled. Perhaps that will help.
https://adobe.ly/2ojrvJO

As far as the JPGs are concerned, those you should be able to open, and
it is a mystery as to why you can't.

The Stand-alone edition of Exposure X2, if you decide to test the
trial, should open both the RAF and the JPG.

Savageduck

Ron C April 24th 17 02:26 AM

On 2017-04-23 21:11:11 +0000, Savageduck
said:

[...]

Hmm, seems "save link as" doesn't work for downloading dropbox content.
Opening the link allowed me to move stuff directly to my dropbox.
Ah, but I normally read usenet on my XP machine that is no longer
supported by dropbox, so had to fire up a Win7 machine.
So all is well now.
Also, I installed the fujifilm RAW converter and converted the RAF to TIFF.

Hope to play with the simulation stuff soon.

Thanks for the extra effort.
==
Later...
Ron C

Bill W April 24th 17 02:34 AM

For those Who Care to Play: Acros SOOC + RAF

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 14:11:11 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

[...]

I suck at this. I need a couple of more months.

Savageduck[_3_] April 24th 17 03:05 AM

wrote:

[...]

What happened? You were the most enthusiastic at wanting to play this game.

What sort of issue are you experiencing?

Savageduck

Bill W April 24th 17 03:23 AM

For those Who Care to Play: Acros SOOC + RAF

wrote:

[...]

The issue is that I suck at it. To be honest, I spent only a short
time so far. I decided to just pick a basic B&W preset, and start with
that. I decided that the exposure, tone, contrast, and micro-contrast
were the main issues to start with, and I couldn't get anywhere with
those. But again, I spent only about 10 minutes so far. I'll get back
to it later.

Savageduck[_3_] April 24th 17 03:28 AM

On 2017-04-23 21:11:11 +0000, Savageduck
said:

[...]

Usually JPGs open from DB will save via right-click menu.

RAW files will not open in DB. You will get a notification telling you
that, along with an option button to click to download the file.

Also, I installed the fujifilm RAW converter and converted the RAF to TIFF.

Hmmm..., I don't believe that is going to help too much as the camera
calibration isn't going to be available, but carry on, and let's see
where it leads. BTW: Since you are using PS-CS6, did you consider using
the Adobe DNG Converter?

Winhttp://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6131
Machttp://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6129

Savageduck[_3_] April 24th 17 03:32 AM

wrote:

[...]

OK! Don't drive yourself crazy with this little exercise. ;-)

Savageduck