PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Meaning of Tv and Av (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21954)

Marcel December 10th 04 02:52 PM

Meaning of Tv and Av

Hi all!
On my Canon Pro 1 (as other Canons), one can set the mode dial at "Aperture
priority" and "Shutter speed priority".
However these are designated as Av and Tv. I never remember which is which.
Can someone tell me what the Av, Tv stand for, please?
Thanks,
Marcel

Jon Pike December 10th 04 03:08 PM

"Marcel" wrote in
:

Hi all!
On my Canon Pro 1 (as other Canons), one can set the mode dial at
"Aperture priority" and "Shutter speed priority".
However these are designated as Av and Tv. I never remember which is
which. Can someone tell me what the Av, Tv stand for, please?

That -should- be in your manual...
And if you've lost it, such information is readily available on the web. I
would encourage you to try www.google.com.

--
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=moosespet

Marcel December 10th 04 03:13 PM

Hi Jon!

It's not in the manual
I know that Av is aperture priority and Tv is shutter priority, but my
manual doesn't say what the letters Av an Tv satand for.
Marcel

"Jon Pike" wrote in message
. 159...
"Marcel" wrote in
:

Marcel December 10th 04 03:13 PM

Hi Jon!

It's not in the manual
I know that Av is aperture priority and Tv is shutter priority, but my
manual doesn't say what the letters Av an Tv satand for.
Marcel

"Jon Pike" wrote in message
. 159...
"Marcel" wrote in