PhotoBanter.com

-   Medium Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Oceanside Camera Repair ??? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=85693)

xenarshooter September 3rd 07 05:09 AM

Oceanside Camera Repair ???

http://www.rolleirepairs.com/

Hello all, I am curious if anyone has had their Rollei-anything repaired by
Harry Fleenor at this business of Oceanside Camera Repair? Is this a legit
business that is trustworthy? If so, is anyone satisfied with his work?

Any help needed, TIA all,

xenarshooter

Mike Mueller September 3rd 07 03:39 PM

Oceanside Camera Repair ???

xenarshooter wrote:

http://www.rolleirepairs.com/

Hello all, I am curious if anyone has had their Rollei-anything repaired
by Harry Fleenor at this business of Oceanside Camera Repair? Is this a
legit
business that is trustworthy? If so, is anyone satisfied with his work?

Any help needed, TIA all,

xenarshooter

Hi
Don't know him , but Samy's Camera in Venice is safe.
Mike Mueller

Lawrence Akutagawa September 3rd 07 04:29 PM

Oceanside Camera Repair ???

"mike mueller" wrote in message
xenarshooter wrote:

http://www.rolleirepairs.com/

Hello all, I am curious if anyone has had their Rollei-anything repaired
by Harry Fleenor at this business of Oceanside Camera Repair? Is this a
legit
business that is trustworthy? If so, is anyone satisfied with his work?

Any help needed, TIA all,

xenarshooter

Hi
Don't know him , but Samy's Camera in Venice is safe.
Mike Mueller

Do note, thought, that a search on "repair" with "select category" on
website http://www.samys.com/ yielded three books on camera
repair/maintenance and one camera repair tool. I couldn't find anything on
the website relating to Samy's repairing cameras. You may have better luck.
Dollars to donuts Samy's doesn't do repairs itself but rather jobs such work
to goodness knows who.

Neil Gould September 3rd 07 09:31 PM

Oceanside Camera Repair ???

Recently, xenarshooter posted:

http://www.rolleirepairs.com/

Hello all, I am curious if anyone has had their Rollei-anything
repaired by Harry Fleenor at this business of Oceanside Camera
Repair? Is this a legit business that is trustworthy? If so, is
anyone satisfied with his work?

Any help needed, TIA all,

I haven't tried Harry (my Rolleis are all working fine, knock on wood...),
but as a regular participant on the Rollei users mailing list I've been
aware of him for years. Yes, he is a legit business, trained by Rollei,
has been at it for a long time, etc. That said, folks on the list either
love or hate his services, and I really couldn't tell you why other than
one member complaining about his not being fast enough for his liking,
though I don't know what that might mean in real-world time. I haven't
heard any complaints about the quality of his work.

Hope this helps.

Neil

Parag Patel September 4th 07 05:31 AM

Oceanside Camera Repair ???

In article ,
"xenarshooter" wrote:

http://www.rolleirepairs.com/

Hello all, I am curious if anyone has had their Rollei-anything repaired by
Harry Fleenor at this business of Oceanside Camera Repair? Is this a legit
business that is trustworthy? If so, is anyone satisfied with his work?

Any help needed, TIA all,

xenarshooter

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. He also installed a newer much brighter
ground-glass as well as cleaning and refurbishing my Dad's old Rollei.

--
__
/__)_ _ _ _ "No two humans are created equal. They're like snowflakes with a

Michael[_5_] September 4th 07 05:36 AM

Oceanside Camera Repair ???

On 2007-09-03 00:09:14 -0400, "xenarshooter" said:

http://www.rolleirepairs.com/

Hello all, I am curious if anyone has had their Rollei-anything
repaired by Harry Fleenor at this business of Oceanside Camera Repair?
Is this a legit
business that is trustworthy? If so, is anyone satisfied with his work?

Any help needed, TIA all,

xenarshooter

I have heard only that he is excellent and some sources have listed him
as the best available for Rollei.

Michael

xenarshooter September 4th 07 10:05 PM

Oceanside Camera Repair ???

I haven't tried Harry (my Rolleis are all working fine, knock on wood...),
but as a regular participant on the Rollei users mailing list I've been
aware of him for years. Yes, he is a legit business, trained by Rollei,
has been at it for a long time, etc. That said, folks on the list either
love or hate his services, and I really couldn't tell you why other than
one member complaining about his not being fast enough for his liking,
though I don't know what that might mean in real-world time. I haven't
heard any complaints about the quality of his work.

Hope this helps.

Neil

Sounds very good, thanks very much.

--
xenarshooter

xenarshooter September 4th 07 10:07 PM

Oceanside Camera Repair ???

"Parag Patel" wrote in message ...
In article ,
"xenarshooter" wrote:

http://www.rolleirepairs.com/

Hello all, I am curious if anyone has had their Rollei-anything repaired by
Harry Fleenor at this business of Oceanside Camera Repair? Is this a legit
business that is trustworthy? If so, is anyone satisfied with his work?

Any help needed, TIA all,

xenarshooter

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. He also installed a newer much brighter
ground-glass as well as cleaning and refurbishing my Dad's old Rollei.

--
__
/__)_ _ _ _ "No two humans are created equal. They're like snowflakes with a
/ (// (/(/ 250 [degree] C combustion temperature." -- Freefall (webcomic)
_/

Sounds excellent, I wish I could afford that maxwell screen too! Thanks very much.

--
xenarshooter

xenarshooter September 4th 07 10:07 PM

Oceanside Camera Repair ???

On 2007-09-03 00:09:14 -0400, "xenarshooter" said:

http://www.rolleirepairs.com/

Hello all, I am curious if anyone has had their Rollei-anything
repaired by Harry Fleenor at this business of Oceanside Camera Repair?
Is this a legit
business that is trustworthy? If so, is anyone satisfied with his work?

Any help needed, TIA all,

xenarshooter

I have heard only that he is excellent and some sources have listed him
as the best available for Rollei.

Michael

Sounds really good, thanks very much.

--
xenarshooter

Mike Mueller September 5th 07 03:12 AM

Oceanside Camera Repair ???

xenarshooter wrote:

[...]

As a follow-up- Samy's does repair work on site. They have a factory
trained Hasselblad tech. As well as 2 other very knowledgeable techs.
Because they are a pro rental company, they have to be able to repair
their gear. I have had 2 mamiya lens repaired by them. If it is
something they can not do, they send it out authorized repair facilities.
They have 4 locations. The repair department is in their main store on
Faifax near 6th street. I have found their staff in the pro(medium &
large format) department friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
I was there today with a lens issue and was lucky to have been helped by
The Mamiya ( MAC Group)Rep. located right in Los Angeles.
I was not trying to trash any one. Just helping with an alternate source
Mike Mueller