PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   "Kodachrome" used as an adjective (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=7944)

Mike Henley July 27th 04 02:39 AM

"Kodachrome" used as an adjective

On CNN today during their commentary on the democratic convention, the
anchor referred to John Edwards' as a "kodachrome family".

I can only assume they meant "photogenic". I can't see them referring
to them with anything that's specific about kodachrome film itself,
'cos that'd be too much for news coverage. So I guess now "kodachrome"
as a word may just seep into common usage and we may start hearing it
often, in the same way "technicolor" is, probably just 'cos it's a
hip-sounding and more comprehensible word, far more so than ... say...
"velvia family".

I don't know why I feel i'll be annoyed next time i hear a
wannabe-hipster describe something as... "it's like, sooo
kodachrome"!!

Matt Ion July 27th 04 05:58 PM

"Kodachrome" used as an adjective

"Mike Henley" wrote in message
om...
On CNN today during their commentary on the democratic convention, the
anchor referred to John Edwards' as a "kodachrome family".

I can only assume they meant "photogenic".

Maybe he means they're transparencies?

Alan Browne July 29th 04 02:40 PM

Mike Henley wrote:

On CNN today during their commentary on the democratic convention, the
anchor referred to John Edwards' as a "kodachrome family".

I can only assume they meant "photogenic". I can't see them referring
to them with anything that's specific about kodachrome film itself,
'cos that'd be too much for news coverage. So I guess now "kodachrome"
as a word may just seep into common usage and we may start hearing it
often, in the same way "technicolor" is, probably just 'cos it's a
hip-sounding and more comprehensible word, far more so than ... say...
"velvia family".

I don't know why I feel i'll be annoyed next time i hear a
wannabe-hipster describe something as... "it's like, sooo
kodachrome"!!

Concur with Peter Irwin.

EDGY01 August 8th 04 05:37 AM

"Kodachrome" used as an adjective

On CNN today during their commentary on the democratic convention, the
anchor referred to John Edwards' as a "kodachrome family".

I can only assume they meant "photogenic". I can't see them referring
to them with anything that's specific about kodachrome film itself, BRBR

I think they mean he's a lot of work to have processed today.

Dan