PhotoBanter.com

-   Medium Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Leaf chasing 'blad - 50 Mpix MF DSLR announced (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=101082)

Alan Browne September 10th 08 09:12 PM

Leaf chasing 'blad - 50 Mpix MF DSLR announced

Hasselblad are not alone with a 50 Mpix MF...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08..._7_6.asp#specs

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Blinky the Shark September 10th 08 09:36 PM

Alan Browne wrote:

Hasselblad are not alone with a 50 Mpix MF...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08..._7_6.asp#specs

Maximum image file size: 345MP. IIIeeeeeee!

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Alan Browne September 10th 08 09:57 PM

Blinky the Shark wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

Hasselblad are not alone with a 50 Mpix MF...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08..._7_6.asp#specs

Maximum image file size: 345MP. IIIeeeeeee!

When I scan MF film I get near 500 Mpix per image. But I bet the
digital cameras (Leaf or Blad) give cleaner images...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

[email protected] September 10th 08 10:16 PM

Alan Browne wrote:
Hasselblad are not alone with a 50 Mpix MF...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08..._7_6.asp#specs

What sorts of lenses do these cameras (As opposed to backs) use?

I was unable to find good info on Google ... I did find
mention of Schneider and 70 lp/mm.

Doug McDonald

Alan Browne September 10th 08 10:28 PM

lid wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Hasselblad are not alone with a 50 Mpix MF...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08..._7_6.asp#specs

What sorts of lenses do these cameras (As opposed to backs) use?

I was unable to find good info on Google ... I did find
mention of Schneider and 70 lp/mm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaf_Me...at_Photography

notes that it uses a line of Schneider AF 'digital' lenses as well as
Rollei 6008 lenses (of which there are more than Schneider...
http://www.rollei.jp/e/pd/rl60_lens.html )

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

John McWilliams September 10th 08 11:31 PM

Alan Browne wrote:
Blinky the Shark wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

Hasselblad are not alone with a 50 Mpix MF...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08..._7_6.asp#specs

Maximum image file size: 345MP. IIIeeeeeee!

When I scan MF film I get near 500 Mpix per image. But I bet the
digital cameras (Leaf or Blad) give cleaner images...

If not, your money back.....

--
john mcwilliams

Noons September 11th 08 12:40 PM

Blinky the Shark wrote,on my timestamp of 11/09/2008 6:36 AM:
Alan Browne wrote:

Hasselblad are not alone with a 50 Mpix MF...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08..._7_6.asp#specs

Maximum image file size: 345MP. IIIeeeeeee!

Pah! That's nothing!

Neil Gould September 11th 08 01:52 PM

Richard wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Hasselblad are not alone with a 50 Mpix MF...

Good thing they have lots of "Leaf" lenses to do it with. Hah hah
ahah !

As Alan has mentioned, this system can use the lenses designed for the 6008i
series of cameras. So, there are a full range of lenses available.

Neil

Alan Browne September 11th 08 09:49 PM

Leaf chasing 'blad - 50 Mpix MF DSLR announced

Scott W wrote:
On Sep 10, 10:57 am, Alan Browne
wrote:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08...tus_10_7_6.asp...
Maximum image file size: 345MP. IIIeeeeeee!

When I scan MF film I get near 500 Mpix per image. But I bet the
digital cameras (Leaf or Blad) give cleaner images...

You must mean 500 MBtyes, not MPix. a frame from a 6x9 camera scanned
at 4000 ppi would give you about 125 MPix. You would have to be
scanning at 8000 ppi to get to 500 MP.

Quite correct, I meant Mbytes;

However, 4000 dpi (56mm / 25.4 * 4000 = ~8800) @ 16 b/col

So, 8800^2 pixels for about 460 Mbyte @ 48 bits/pixel.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

John McWilliams September 11th 08 10:43 PM

Leaf chasing 'blad - 50 Mpix MF DSLR announced

Alan Browne wrote:
Scott W wrote:
On Sep 10, 10:57 am, Alan Browne
wrote:
Blinky the Shark wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Hasselblad are not alone with a 50 Mpix MF...
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08...tus_10_7_6.asp...

Maximum image file size: 345MP. IIIeeeeeee!
When I scan MF film I get near 500 Mpix per image. But I bet the
digital cameras (Leaf or Blad) give cleaner images...

You must mean 500 MBtyes, not MPix. a frame from a 6x9 camera scanned
at 4000 ppi would give you about 125 MPix. You would have to be
scanning at 8000 ppi to get to 500 MP.

Quite correct, I meant Mbytes;

However, 4000 dpi (56mm / 25.4 * 4000 = ~8800) @ 16 b/col

So, 8800^2 pixels for about 460 Mbyte @ 48 bits/pixel.

Last sentence: pixels. Previous one: dpi: Disconnect!

Are you purposely using that misnomer to prove something, or do you
still not get it that it can make a difference to others' understanding,
no matter how perfectly you get it?

--
john mcwilliams