PhotoBanter.com

-   Film & Labs (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   35mm DX Coded film (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=111988)

mistawispa April 14th 10 09:17 AM

35mm DX Coded film

I have obtained a beautiful Minolta DX camera, that I would like to test. The only problem is finding DX coded film. Any suggestions?

Paul Giverin April 14th 10 12:05 PM

35mm DX Coded film

In message , mistawispa
writes

I have obtained a beautiful Minolta DX camera, that I would like to
test. The only problem is finding DX coded film. Any suggestions?

I thought that most film was DX coded. Certainly most b&w stuff is i.e
Kodak, Ilford, Fuji etc.

--
Paul Giverin

My Photos:- www.pbase.com/vendee

Harold Gough October 24th 10 06:48 PM

[quote=Paul Giverin;868213]In message , mistawispa
writes

I have obtained a beautiful Minolta DX camera, that I would like to
test. The only problem is finding DX coded film. Any suggestions?

I thought that most film was DX coded. Certainly most b&w stuff is i.e
Kodak, Ilford, Fuji etc.

Correct. Posssibly all cassettes are coded and labelled as such. Keep your camera's DX reader contacts (behind the loaded cassette) clean. Mine getting dirty caused the wrong ISO to be used by my camera.