PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Books On Composition (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=59435)

Fred March 26th 06 09:12 PM

Books On Composition

Hi group

Any recommendations on books about composition? It seems like all the
classics are now out of print.

Bill Hilton March 26th 06 10:09 PM

Books On Composition

Fred writes ..

Any recommendations on books about composition?

http://www.freemanpatterson.com/ ... he's a great workshop instructor
and photographer and I'd recommend two of his books, "Photography and
the Art of Seeing" and "Photo Impressionism and the Subjective Image".
He really has 'the eye' and looks at things differently than most of
us.

Most of the John Shaw books have good info on composition and
technique.

Art Wolfe has a good book out on technique with a former Audubon
editor, Martha something (forgot the last name, she married Kevin
Schaffer later). It was interesting to read her comments from the
standpoint of a photo editor and why certain images were chosen or
rejected.

Bill

Charles Schuler March 26th 06 11:21 PM

Books On Composition

"Fred" wrote in message
Hi group

Any recommendations on books about composition? It seems like all the
classics are now out of print.

"Learning to see creatively" by Peterson is decent.

ASAAR March 26th 06 11:26 PM

Books On Composition

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:12:46 +0100, Fred wrote:

Any recommendations on books about composition? It seems like
all the classics are now out of print.

I don't know which books are considered classics, but one that has
useful information, and was still available from B&H last year is
Bert Krages' "Photography -- the art of composition", from Allworth
Press (www.allworth.com) ISBN 1--58115-409-7

bob crownfield March 27th 06 03:19 AM

Books On Composition

Fred wrote:
Hi group

Any recommendations on books about composition? It seems like all the
classics are now out of print.

google, meet fred.
fred, meet google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&b tnG=Search

Fred March 28th 06 06:59 PM

Books On Composition

Nice to know. Now run along.

bob crownfield March 28th 06 09:25 PM

Books On Composition

Fred wrote:
Nice to know. Now run along.

why would you think that I look to you for direction?

oh, right.
you also ASK stupid questions.

J. Clarke April 3rd 06 05:55 AM

Books On Composition

bob crownfield wrote:

Fred wrote:
Hi group

Any recommendations on books about composition? It seems like all the
classics are now out of print.

google, meet fred.
fred, meet google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&b tnG=Search

Bob, meet killfile.

plonk

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

bob crownfield April 7th 06 09:05 PM

Books On Composition

J. Clarke wrote:
bob crownfield wrote:

Fred wrote:
Hi group

Any recommendations on books about composition? It seems like all the
classics are now out of print.

google, meet fred.
fred, meet google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&b tnG=Search

Bob, meet killfile.
plonk

some plonkers are a special breed.

obviously j prefers dumb thoughtless questions,
over and over.