PhotoBanter.com

-   -   High Speed SD Cards - which is better (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=69800)

lilnow September 8th 06 09:16 PM

High Speed SD Cards - which is better

Does anyone have benchmarks regarding the high speed SD cards. I read a
couple in the dpreview, but can't decide whether to get the Sandisk
Ultra II (60x) 2 gb for $96 or the Rocketfish 166x 2 gb for $70. It
appears that even though some brands claim a higher speed, it is not
necessarily up to spec. and in some cases the Sandisk outperformed even
the higher speed cards.

Paul Rubin September 8th 06 09:39 PM

"lilnow" writes:
Does anyone have benchmarks regarding the high speed SD cards. I read a
couple in the dpreview, but can't decide whether to get the Sandisk
Ultra II (60x) 2 gb for $96 or the Rocketfish 166x 2 gb for $70.

That is way too much to pay either way. I got a Transcend 2gb card
for $40 a couple months ago and they're less now. I think mine was
60x but this one is $37.99 and 150x:

Paul Rubin September 8th 06 11:35 PM

"lilnow" writes:
Wow, that's a good deal. Too bad I don't live in the US.

I don't know what kind of $ you meant then--if AUD, the amounts
mentioned aren't bad. It's possible that newegg.com will ship to
other countries. You could also try zipzoomfly.com or meritline.com.

Sammy September 9th 06 02:30 AM

On 08 Sep 2006, lilnow wrote:

Wow, that's a good deal. Too bad I don't live in the US.

It is not quite as good a deal but Amazon UK is advertising this:

2GB SD memory by Transcend for £29 (= $54)
http://tinyurl.com/jkhx3

The speed is a very decent 150x.

lilnow September 9th 06 03:18 AM

High Speed SD Cards - which is better

Hi everybody,

I guess I should tell everyone I'm in Canada! :) and this is the best
deal I could find. So does anyone have experience with Rocketfish? I
can't find any reviews on this card and I'm not sure of it's
reliability.

BTW thank Paul for your suggestion about newegg.com. I tried to get it
online but they only ship to the US.