PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Software help (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=91580)

Chris[_3_] January 3rd 08 01:19 PM

Software help

hello group,

I'm searching for a tool that will help me edit images (change
resolution/size) en masse to post on the web. Any suggestions?

Scott W January 3rd 08 01:24 PM

Software help

On Jan 3, 3:19*am, Chris wrote:
hello group,

I'm searching for a tool that will help me edit images *(change
resolution/size) en masse to post on the web. Any suggestions?

IrfanView, it is free and works great.

I have resized 30,000 photos at a time with it.

Scott

Jürgen Exner January 3rd 08 01:43 PM

Software help

Chris wrote:
I'm searching for a tool that will help me edit images (change
resolution/size) en masse to post on the web. Any suggestions?

You didn't tell us which OS you are using. If you happen to be on Windows
then pretty much any photo editing software will do that, including but not
limited to Adobe PhotoShop, Nikon PicturePerfect, Microsoft Digital Imaging,
MS PictureIt, MS SharePoint designer, heck, even MS Office has a tool to
resize pictures in bulk for web publishing or as attachments for email or
documents.

jue

artix January 3rd 08 02:13 PM

Software help

Chris wrote:
hello group,

I'm searching for a tool that will help me edit images (change
resolution/size) en masse to post on the web. Any suggestions?

GIMP can be used for that. There is also imageMagick library which can
do all kinds of image manipulation.

--
artix
http://www.abstractart.ws _Abstract Art Directory_

[email protected] January 3rd 08 04:28 PM

Software help

On Jan 3, 1:19*pm, Chris wrote:
hello group,

I'm searching for a tool that will help me edit images *(change
resolution/size) en masse to post on the web. Any suggestions?

If you're using WinXP there's always the free 'image resizer' from
MS :-

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

ray January 3rd 08 05:03 PM

Software help

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 05:19:38 -0800, Chris wrote:

hello group,

I'm searching for a tool that will help me edit images (change
resolution/size) en masse to post on the web. Any suggestions?

image magick has that capability.

Marcin[_4_] January 3rd 08 05:06 PM

Software help

Definitely Irfanview (main file + plugins file (be careful during
installation and unmark google toolbar)).
Probably you will need JPEGcrops if you want to get 3:2 proportion.

Best wishes
Marcin Gorgolewski
www.gorgolewski.com

Uzytkownik "Chris" napisal w wiadomosci

ray January 3rd 08 08:11 PM

Software help

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 05:19:38 -0800, Chris wrote:

hello group,

I'm searching for a tool that will help me edit images (change
resolution/size) en masse to post on the web. Any suggestions?

FWIW - I use 'imageindex' to generate a photo gallery with thumbnails and
images in a couple of sizes. Quite flexible.

Chris[_3_] January 3rd 08 09:55 PM

Software help

On Jan 3, 3:11 pm, ray wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 05:19:38 -0800, Chris wrote:
hello group,

I'm searching for a tool that will help me edit images (change
resolution/size) en masse to post on the web. Any suggestions?

FWIW - I use 'imageindex' to generate a photo gallery with thumbnails and
images in a couple of sizes. Quite flexible.

Excellent! Thanks EVERYBODY!