PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   $1000 for a 15mm AIS Nikkor! (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=11486)

Stephen H. Westin September 3rd 04 09:09 PM

"Martin Francis" writes:

"Dallas" wrote in message
.za...
I see one on KEH for a grand. Looks like a stunner, but is that price
worth it? Are there any alternatives?

Still got the F2? Only the Voigtlander 15mm is available in Nikon mount, but
requires your mirror be locked up. The accessory finder simply replaces your
prism. See-

http://www.cameraquest.com/Voigt%20SL.htm

Or, for a couple hundred more, there's the 12mm f:5.6!

--
-Stephen H. Westin

Dallas September 4th 04 07:14 AM

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 19:29:27 +0000, Martin Francis wrote:

"Dallas" wrote in message
.za...
I see one on KEH for a grand. Looks like a stunner, but is that price
worth it? Are there any alternatives?

Still got the F2? Only the Voigtlander 15mm is available in Nikon mount, but
requires your mirror be locked up. The accessory finder simply replaces your
prism. See-

http://www.cameraquest.com/Voigt%20SL.htm

I still got the F2. Will never part with it, although I need to find a new
prism.

--
Dallas www.dallasdahms.com
"Going down a dirty inner city side road I plotted

MXP September 6th 04 09:27 PM

Is the 10-22 mm lens a full frame lens? ....does it cover 24x36mm?
A true wide angle lens?

Max

From: Dallas

I see one on KEH for a grand. Looks like a stunner, but is that price
worth it? Are there any alternatives?

You jumped into that cesspool.
Better learn to swim.

Too bad you didn't get the 20D with the new 10-22mm lens. Bet you feel

pretty
stupid right now, huh?

LOL!

EDGY01 September 7th 04 03:40 AM

I see one on KEH for a grand. Looks like a stunner, but is that price
worth it? Are there any alternatives?
BRBR

Go with the modern 14mm f/2.8 AF-Nikkor. The 15mm is physically larger due to
being an older design and image wise on a par or less than the 14mm,--which is
a rectilinear lens. By the way,--$1000 for a 15mm Nikkor is not really that
big a bargain. You can find them on ebay in mint- condition with filters and
case for less.

dan