PhotoBanter.com

-   Darkroom Equipment For Sale (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Dry mount press wanted (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=61388)

April 22nd 06 11:37 PM

Dry mount press wanted

Looking for a 20" x 24" dry mount press. Preferrably used. They are darned
expensive to ship so cheaper is better. Thanks. Eugene.

Nicholas O. Lindan April 23rd 06 03:16 AM

Dry mount press wanted

wrote

Looking for a 20" x 24" dry mount press.

This needs to me more specific:

o Are you looking to mount 20x24" photos
and looking for a press to accomplish same?

o Or are you looking for a press with a 20x24"
platen and 36" throat?

o Or are you looking for a vacuum press that
will take 20x24" mounts?

April 23rd 06 04:30 PM

Dry mount press wanted

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
ink.net...
wrote

Looking for a 20" x 24" dry mount press.

This needs to me more specific:

o Are you looking to mount 20x24" photos
and looking for a press to accomplish same?

o Or are you looking for a press with a 20x24"
platen and 36" throat?

o Or are you looking for a vacuum press that
will take 20x24" mounts?

I am looking for a press that will flatten out my 16" x 20" fiber prints and
mount them to matte board. Thanks for the clarification. Eugene.

Nicholas O. Lindan April 23rd 06 06:31 PM

Dry mount press wanted

wrote in message
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
wrote
Looking for a 20" x 24" dry mount press.

This needs to me more specific:

I am looking for a press that will flatten out my 16" x 20" fiber prints
and mount them to matte board. Thanks for the clarification. Eugene.

A Seal ~16x20" [160/1610/120] press, probably the most common, will mount
20x24" prints to 30x34" mat boards. The prints are mounted in multiple
passes with the press, there are no wrinkle problems doing this.

The smallest press you can find will satisfy your needs without excess
expenditure. Though sometimes really big presses end up in white elephant
territory and go for not much money.

Dave April 23rd 06 09:24 PM

Dry mount press wanted

wrote:
Looking for a 20" x 24" dry mount press. Preferrably used. They are darned
expensive to ship so cheaper is better. Thanks. Eugene.

Where are you located?

April 24th 06 02:17 AM

Dry mount press wanted

I am located in rural...really rural, Nova Scotia, Canada. Noel, to be
exact.
The closest one I know of is being used by NASCAD University. But they want
to keep it. Thanks for any interest. Eugene.