PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Swivel LCD models besides Canon? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=63740)

[email protected] May 23rd 06 02:47 AM

Swivel LCD models besides Canon?

Are there any worthwhile performers to consider? Swivel is king. The
A620 is making a case for passing on my A80, but the more I think about
the S3 the more it appeals to me.

Do any of the few other swivel LCD models from other makers hold up to
these two (either as a smaller good shooter or a good small ultrazoom)
comparatively?

Thanks,

David J. Littleboy May 23rd 06 03:42 AM

Swivel LCD models besides Canon?

"Rudy Benner" wrote:

Several Olympus models sport the swivel LCD, noteably the E-330. 2.5 inch
LCD.

Careful the there are some serious limitations on the use of the swivel
on the E-330. Read the fine print here.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse330/page7.asp

The last I checked there were lots of P&S cameras with swivel monitors. Many
of the "ZLR" models have swiveling LCDs. (The Sony F707 was a pleasure to
use, but is rather ancient history by now.)

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Daniel Silevitch May 23rd 06 04:14 AM

On 22 May 2006 18:47:45 -0700, wrote:
Are there any worthwhile performers to consider? Swivel is king. The
A620 is making a case for passing on my A80, but the more I think about
the S3 the more it appeals to me.

Do any of the few other swivel LCD models from other makers hold up to
these two (either as a smaller good shooter or a good small ultrazoom)
comparatively?

Panasonic FZ30, though it's hardly a 'small' ultrazoom.

-dms

Dan May 23rd 06 09:25 AM

Swivel LCD models besides Canon?

Indeed, it's at least the size of Canon 350D, but darn it's a nice
camera. Swivel is priceless, such a basic feature but so very handy.

J. Clarke May 23rd 06 09:31 PM

wrote:

Are there any worthwhile performers to consider? Swivel is king. The
A620 is making a case for passing on my A80, but the more I think about
the S3 the more it appeals to me.

Do any of the few other swivel LCD models from other makers hold up to
these two (either as a smaller good shooter or a good small ultrazoom)
comparatively?

Panasonic FZ30 would be one option. Not a superzoom and no image
stabilization but the Sony DSC-R1 would be another to look at--it uses a
sensor the same size as in most DSLRs and so shoots in the same league
within its optical limits but it costs more than a D50 two-lens kit.

Thanks,

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)