PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Does anyone have experience with this attachment? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=19490)

Jack November 17th 04 11:46 PM

Does anyone have experience with this attachment?

I need to take photos of some jewery for insurance docementation
purpose, and would need to have a macro lens. I saw this on eBay and
am wondering if it would fit the bill. Photographic interests are
sceneries and travel and therefore would hate to spend much on a macro
lens. I'll be using a 20D with a 50mm 1.4 prime lens.

Arthur Small November 18th 04 12:12 AM

Since you did not state what attachment I have no idea. You don't need a
macro lens. Look for a set of + lens that allow you to use your prime lens
focusing close up.
For example

There are sets of +1 +2 +4 that give you many combinations.

Charles November 18th 04 12:21 AM

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:46:30 -0500, Jack wrote:

I need to take photos of some jewery for insurance docementation
purpose, and would need to have a macro lens. I saw this on eBay and
am wondering if it would fit the bill. Photographic interests are
sceneries and travel and therefore would hate to spend much on a macro
lens. I'll be using a 20D with a 50mm 1.4 prime lens.

Care to expand a bit on the description of the attachment?

A "close-up filter" will probably do what you need, try that first.
Cheapest option.

A real macro lens would be the next step.

--

- Charles
-

Mark B. November 18th 04 02:17 AM

"JunkMonkey" wrote in message
Don't they still make extension tubes for SLR's any more?

Yes, they do.

Mark

Eric Gill November 18th 04 03:28 AM

Jack wrote in news:tdonp05nk94ju04qq6d8ihr8an5o30bnvd@
4ax.com:

I need to take photos of some jewery for insurance docementation
purpose, and would need to have a macro lens. I saw this on eBay and
am wondering if it would fit the bill. Photographic interests are
sceneries and travel and therefore would hate to spend much on a macro
lens. I'll be using a 20D with a 50mm 1.4 prime lens.

Well, if you want a killer, inexpensive macro, the Canon 50 compact macro
is almost unbelievable for the price.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/s...duct=45&sort=7
&thecat=2