PhotoBanter.com

-   -   iView3 - Why is my catalogue so large? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=69300)

Beemer August 28th 06 12:01 PM

iView3 - Why is my catalogue so large?

I use iView3 and my only catalogue is 1.7Gb and the images total 7.5GB. Why
is the catalogue so large?

Beemer

[email protected] August 28th 06 04:20 PM

Beemer wrote:
I use iView3 and my only catalogue is 1.7Gb and the images total 7.5GB. Why
is the catalogue so large?

Beemer

Is it possible they're thumbnailed to a certain extent in iview? Have
you actually looked at the files on your hard drive? Select all and see
properties for actual size?

Joe Sarrach

Beemer August 30th 06 06:00 PM

iView3 - Why is my catalogue so large?

wrote in message
oups.com...

| Beemer wrote:
| I use iView3 and my only catalogue is 1.7Gb and the images total 7.5GB.
Why
| is the catalogue so large?
|
| Beemer
|
| Is it possible they're thumbnailed to a certain extent in iview? Have
| you actually looked at the files on your hard drive? Select all and see
| properties for actual size?
|
| Joe Sarrach

Joe,

I have iView set to make its own thumbnails but surely this would not be so
signifiant as to make the catalogue 1/5th the size of the total media?

I'm not sure I understand the check you have advised.

Beemer