PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Fuji finepix A330 Driver problem (I think) - help please! (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17427)

dab828 October 31st 04 02:01 AM

Fuji finepix A330 Driver problem (I think) - help please!

Hello everyone. I just purchased the A330. I can't get it to communciate
with my computer tho. I am running 98SE. When I hook it up to the computer
the screen on the camera just says 'communication error' I figured there
wassomething wrong with the USB driver and went to the Fuji website and
downloaded the drivers but the ame thing occurs. As a matter of fact, when
I use the 'Add new hardware' function of Widnows it can't even locate the
drivers. HAs anyone else had driver problems with this camera? Is there
something else I am failing to do?? Any and all suggestions are welcome!
Thanks!

Tony P.

Tyrone Jackson October 31st 04 02:23 AM

Hmmm... try disconnecting some non-essential USB devices. Follow the
directions for installing the camera first then add the others. Some USB
device drivers handle conflicts (automatic reconfiguration) more
graciously than others.

I had the same problem with synchronizing my Dell Axim Pocket PC. What I
did - I disconnected my Logitech Force 3D joystick, connected my Dell
first(computer found it easily). Then connected my joystick. No
problems, everything began working correctly. That shows me that the
Logitech joystick driver was better at reconfiguring itself amongst
other USB devices.

Kind of like that stinky little kid down the block who says, " I won't
play if I can't go first." Get it?
Good luck,
Ty

lkaboutphotography.com...

dab828 October 31st 04 02:22 PM

Ok.. Will try that... Thanks for the suggestion!

dab828 October 31st 04 10:20 PM

Ok.. Will try that... Thanks for the suggestion!