PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital Photo Equipment For Sale (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   reccomendation on digital camera (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=36977)

JK July 4th 03 09:55 PM

reccomendation on digital camera

Evan Platt wrote:

I'm looking for a reccomendation on a digital camera, probably come
down to a Kodak. I currently have a Olympus C-2500, and want a smaller
camera, but with similiar image quality, maybe a 3 MP. I'd like a
camera with a sync / dock station (charge batteries, download images,
etc), and the option to use an external flash.

Use a card reader instead of a docking station. Imo it is best to
charge the batteries outside the camera as batteries can get quite
hot when charging.

$300 budget or so. Any reccomendations that has these features?

Not really. If you want to use an external flash, I suggest using a camera
with a hot shoe, like the Olympus C5050, Canon G3, G4, or G5, or a
Sony F717. They are in the $500-800 price range. If you buy one of these
cameras which has a fast lens, you may not need an external flash, and
may be able to take most of your photos without using the flash.

Thanks. :)

Evan
To e-mail me, remove theobvious from my e-mail address.