PhotoBanter.com

PhotoBanter.com (http://www.photobanter.com/index.php)
-   Digital Photography (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Selfies (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=130935)

philo November 16th 17 06:55 PM

Selfies
 

I just noticed that if one takes a selfie with a smartphone the image is
reversed. (Saw one recently with a reversed sign.) I would think it
would be trivial for smartphone cameras to automatically set things right.

nospam November 16th 17 07:00 PM

Selfies
 
In article , philo
wrote:

I just noticed that if one takes a selfie with a smartphone the image is
reversed. (Saw one recently with a reversed sign.) I would think it
would be trivial for smartphone cameras to automatically set things right.


they do.

smartphones show a reverse image when framing because people are used
to looking at a mirror, but the final photo is not reversed.

if for some reason your particular phone is reversing the final photo,
then there's a problem with your phone or its settings, not smartphones
in general.

philo November 16th 17 11:39 PM

Selfies
 
On 11/16/2017 12:55 PM, philo wrote:

I just noticed that if one takes a selfie with a smartphone the image is
reversed. (Saw one recently with a reversed sign.) I would think it
would be trivial for smartphone cameras to automatically set things right.




Oh, heck...I found the setting

by default, "save as flipped" was turned off

David B. November 17th 17 03:12 PM

Selfies
 
On 16/11/2017 23:39, philo wrote:
On 11/16/2017 12:55 PM, philo wrote:

I just noticed that if one takes a selfie with a smartphone the image
is reversed. (Saw one recently with a reversed sign.) I would think it
would be trivial for smartphone cameras to automatically set things
right.




Oh, heck...I found the setting

by default, "save as flipped" was turned off


Good catch, Philo! :-)

--
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick
themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.” (Winston S.
Churchill)


LauraWilliams November 21st 17 07:36 PM

Oh, I noticed it too! In addition, I found this topic interesting and that's what I found http://weedit.photos/2017/iphone-pho...ps-and-tricks/ What do you think about this?

philo November 21st 17 10:45 PM

Selfies
 
On 11/21/2017 01:36 PM, LauraWilliams wrote:
Oh, I noticed it too! In addition, I found this topic interesting and
that's what I found
http://weedit.photos/2017/iphone-pho...ps-and-tricks/ What do
you think about this?







I tend to use my phone camera more and more simply because I always have
it with me. It seems to be good quality too.

Savageduck[_3_] November 22nd 17 12:07 AM

Selfies
 
On Nov 21, 2017, philo wrote
(in article ):

On 11/21/2017 01:36 PM, LauraWilliams wrote:
Oh, I noticed it too! In addition, I found this topic interesting and
that's what I found
http://weedit.photos/2017/iphone-pho...ps-and-tricks/ What do
you think about this?


I tend to use my phone camera more and more simply because I always have
it with me. It seems to be good quality too.


I use mine if I need to take a shot of my camera.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2nmlyxbb9vumtm/IMG_2395e.jpg

--

Regards,
Savageduck


Savageduck[_3_] November 22nd 17 01:51 PM

Selfies
 
On Nov 22, 2017, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 00:07:31 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
On Nov 21, 2017, philo wrote
(in article ):

On 11/21/2017 01:36 PM, LauraWilliams wrote:
Oh, I noticed it too! In addition, I found this topic interesting and
that's what I found
http://weedit.photos/2017/iphone-pho...ps-and-tricks/ What do
you think about this?

I tend to use my phone camera more and more simply because I always have
it with me. It seems to be good quality too.


I use mine if I need to take a shot of my camera.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2nmlyxbb9vumtm/IMG_2395e.jpg


And I assume you use your camera if you need to take pictures of your phone
:-)


Precisely.

--

Regards,
Savageduck



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
PhotoBanter.com