PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Adapter for Canon FD lenses to Digital Rebel (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=32106)

Milton parker February 20th 05 09:11 PM

Adapter for Canon FD lenses to Digital Rebel

Does anyone make an adapter so that that my older Canon FD lenses will
work on the 6mp Digital Elf? I know that the older Nikonlenses will
work on the Digital Nikons.

W3JXP February 21st 05 02:22 AM

Yes there is one, two really if you mean the Digital Rebel or it's Europe
equal. Adorama sells one and an other company Samagon imports one. Both work
the same they have a lens set that compensates for the differences in back
focus. Without the lens the FD lens wouldn't focus to infinity. Also they
only work as VERY manual lens. You have to focus for your self and you have
to stop the lens down to the taking F stop manually with a lever on the
adapter. So to use one of these adapters one mounts the FD lens on the
adapter then mount the pair on the Digital Rebel. Focus with the lens wide
open, stop the lens down to the F stop one wishes to use. And with the
Digital Rebel in the manual mode adjust the shutter speed to set the
exposure and take the picture. With use one can get used to doing all that
and it works fairly fast. The lens costs a little in lens quality and works
better with telephotos than with wide angles and doesn't "fix" the 1.6 crop.
I use mine for lens that I have that I would not or could not afford to
replace with lens made for my camera. One of the two I have, I removed the
lens from so it would work with my Bellows and special bellows mount macro
lens as the lens in the adapter didn't work with the bellows. Also if you
can find one by Samagon it is much better constructed than the one from
Adorama though optically it think they are very much equal.

--
John Passaneau
Physics Electronics/Lab Prep

om...