PhotoBanter.com

-   In The Darkroom (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Beseler Enlarger with Kodak Lens (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=5478)

ATIPPETT July 7th 04 05:27 PM

Beseler Enlarger with Kodak Lens

I have some old Eastman Kodak enlarging lens. Not sure just what qualities
they have but I would like to try them with my Beseler enlarger. All of the
lens boards I have found are boarded for 39mm these lens appear to be about
45mm in diameter. How can I adapt these lens for my enlarger?

Alan Tippett

Bob Salomon July 7th 04 06:09 PM

Beseler Enlarger with Kodak Lens

In article ,
ojunk (ATIPPETT) wrote:

I have some old Eastman Kodak enlarging lens. Not sure just what qualities
they have but I would like to try them with my Beseler enlarger. All of the
lens boards I have found are boarded for 39mm these lens appear to be about
45mm in diameter. How can I adapt these lens for my enlarger?

Alan Tippett

Any camera repairman, many camera stores and any machinist can mill the
hole to the larger size.

or you can buy, rent, borrow a Greenlee Chasis Punch of the correct size
and do it yourself.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Nick Zentena July 7th 04 06:48 PM

ATIPPETT wrote:
I have some old Eastman Kodak enlarging lens. Not sure just what qualities
they have but I would like to try them with my Beseler enlarger. All of the
lens boards I have found are boarded for 39mm these lens appear to be about
45mm in diameter. How can I adapt these lens for my enlarger?

Buy a blank board and have it drilled. But a blank board will cost more
then a used lens might. If all you want to do is test the lens maybe make a
board out of cardboard? Or something else cheap.

Nick

Jean-David Beyer July 7th 04 10:04 PM

Beseler Enlarger with Kodak Lens

Bob Salomon wrote:
In article ,
ojunk (ATIPPETT) wrote:

I have some old Eastman Kodak enlarging lens. Not sure just what qualities
they have but I would like to try them with my Beseler enlarger. All of the
lens boards I have found are boarded for 39mm these lens appear to be about
45mm in diameter. How can I adapt these lens for my enlarger?

Alan Tippett

Any camera repairman, many camera stores and any machinist can mill the
hole to the larger size.

or you can buy, rent, borrow a Greenlee Chasis Punch of the correct size
and do it yourself.

Before you do that, make a quick check to see if it would fit. Someone
gave me a Schneider Componon 240mm f/5.6 enlarging lens and the rear
element would not fit into the opening of my 45MCRX. It might have been
possible to unscrew it from the diaphragm assembly and stick it in from
just below the lens stage and screw it back, but I had no need of it so I
never tried that.

/V\ Registered Machine 241939.
/( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey
http://counter.li.org
^^-^^ 17:00:00 up 5 days, 5:55, 7 users, load average: 4.14, 4.20, 4.13

John July 8th 04 10:12 AM

On 07 Jul 2004 16:27:20 GMT, ojunk (ATIPPETT) wrote:

I have some old Eastman Kodak enlarging lens. Not sure just what qualities
they have but I would like to try them with my Beseler enlarger. All of the
lens boards I have found are boarded for 39mm these lens appear to be about
45mm in diameter. How can I adapt these lens for my enlarger?

Alan Tippett

What are the focal lengths and which Beseler do you have ?

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer -
http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email

David Nebenzahl July 8th 04 04:12 PM

Beseler Enlarger with Kodak Lens

On 7/7/2004 10:48 AM Nick Zentena spake thus:

ATIPPETT wrote:

I have some old Eastman Kodak enlarging lens. Not sure just what
qualities they have but I would like to try them with my Beseler
enlarger. All of the lens boards I have found are boarded for 39mm these
lens appear to be about 45mm in diameter. How can I adapt these lens for
my enlarger?

Buy a blank board and have it drilled. But a blank board will cost more
then a used lens might. If all you want to do is test the lens maybe make a
board out of cardboard? Or something else cheap.

Not cardboard; try Masonite (or whatever they call it in the UK or elsewhere).
"Hardboard". Easily cut with ordinary, non-rocket-science tools. That's what
all my homemade lensboards for my Beseler (23C) are made from. (Even painted
them Beseler Blue to match.)

--
Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a
really easy way: stop participating in it.

- Noam Chomsky