PhotoBanter.com

-   In The Darkroom (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Making indicator stop (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=122586)

Frank Pittel March 17th 12 11:52 PM

Making indicator stop

Earlier today I was at a local store and lost my head in the heat of the
moment! I ended up getting a gallon of glacial acetic acid and then went online
and ordered 10 grams of bromocresol purple dye to make an indicator stop.

Has anyone here made their own indicator stop and if so how much of the bromostresol purple
do I need to add to a gallon of 28% stock?

--

-------------------
Keep working dumbo needs the money

Frank Pittel March 18th 12 01:08 AM

Making indicator stop

:
: Has anyone here made their own indicator stop and if so how much of the bromostresol purple
: do I need to add to a gallon of 28% stock?

: Just a hint: Except you're doing a 100 papers a day, just use your stop
: one day and then throw it away. For developing film it's some 10 to 14
: films and then change the stop. It really costs nothing.

: Andreas

When printing I dump the stop after each session but often need to replace the stop during
a printing session. I like the indicator in the stop since it reliably lets me know when the
stop needs to be replaced!
--

Keep working dumbo needs the money