PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The answer is #42 (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=130248)

android December 14th 15 07:15 PM

The answer is #42

There has been alot of mail to the site asking why I prefer Canon over
Nikon. The answer is the 42nd edition of the Digital Photographer
Magazine. I had been terrible disappointed in the Olympus Evolt E-300
both regarding noise, colors and quality of the lenses that came with
it. On p. 94 and onward there's a shootout between the D2X and 1Ds and
too me it was totally clear that the Canon was the way to go. Especially
regarding the rendering of chlorophyll. So far I've not seen a reason to
change my mind.
--
teleportation kills

nospam December 14th 15 07:23 PM

The answer is #42

In article , android
wrote:

There has been alot of mail to the site asking why I prefer Canon over
Nikon. The answer is the 42nd edition of the Digital Photographer
Magazine. I had been terrible disappointed in the Olympus Evolt E-300
both regarding noise, colors and quality of the lenses that came with
it. On p. 94 and onward there's a shootout between the D2X and 1Ds and
too me it was totally clear that the Canon was the way to go. Especially
regarding the rendering of chlorophyll. So far I've not seen a reason to
change my mind.

you're relying on a 10 year old article to justify your choice???

the nikon d3 changed the landscape and canon has never caught up.

android December 14th 15 07:30 PM

The answer is #42

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

There has been alot of mail to the site asking why I prefer Canon over
Nikon. The answer is the 42nd edition of the Digital Photographer
Magazine. I had been terrible disappointed in the Olympus Evolt E-300
both regarding noise, colors and quality of the lenses that came with
it. On p. 94 and onward there's a shootout between the D2X and 1Ds and
too me it was totally clear that the Canon was the way to go. Especially
regarding the rendering of chlorophyll. So far I've not seen a reason to
change my mind.

you're relying on a 10 year old article to justify your choice???

the nikon d3 changed the landscape and canon has never caught up.

;-pppppp
--
teleportation kills

Michael Benveniste[_2_] December 15th 15 05:42 AM

The answer is #42

On 12/14/2015 1:15 PM, android wrote:
There has been alot of mail to the site asking why I prefer Canon over
Nikon.

Mail to the site? Really? As in letters on paper? Well, I guess it
is Usenet after all, so it's certainly possible that a post from 2004
just made it here. The failure to auto-correct "alot" is another sign
pointing to an ancient post.

That particular article gave the $8000 Canon 1Ds Mark II a score of
9.8 and the $5000 Nikon D2x a score of 9.1, arguably making the Nikon
the better value. But if the differences pointed out in that article
led you to drop the extra 3 grand for the Canon, that's cool too. I
hope this belated response finds you well and still shooting Canon
rather than chasing from brand to brand.

I also hope that your fans keep that card and letter coming in!

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
You don't have to sort of enhance reality. There is nothing

android December 15th 15 07:01 AM

The answer is #42

In article ,
Michael Benveniste wrote:

On 12/14/2015 1:15 PM, android wrote:
There has been alot of mail to the site asking why I prefer Canon over
Nikon.

Mail to the site? Really? As in letters on paper? Well, I guess it
is Usenet after all, so it's certainly possible that a post from 2004
just made it here. The failure to auto-correct "alot" is another sign
pointing to an ancient post.

I've always been fascinated by the facts that some adults take in their
spelling, Did you get a blue ribbon for that as a child?

That particular article gave the $8000 Canon 1Ds Mark II a score of
9.8 and the $5000 Nikon D2x a score of 9.1, arguably making the Nikon
the better value. But if the differences pointed out in that article
led you to drop the extra 3 grand for the Canon, that's cool too.

I actually did not buy any of those cameras at the time, but found that
the rendering of colors was applicable to other models and makes too and
that one did not have to suffer the dreary colors of the Evolt. If you
had cared look at the files on the disk (those that are featuring
giraffes) you would see my point.

hope this belated response finds you well and still shooting Canon
rather than chasing from brand to brand.

In fact I am, but the prepareness to stray is there if I find something
that I like better.

I also hope that your fans keep that card and letter coming in!

Since you insist: ----------------^^^^----------------------
--
teleportation kills

android December 15th 15 07:17 AM

The answer is #42

In article ,
Michael Benveniste wrote:

On 12/14/2015 1:15 PM, android wrote:
There has been alot of mail to the site asking why I prefer Canon over
Nikon.

Mail to the site? Really? As in letters on paper? Well, I guess it
is Usenet after all, so it's certainly possible that a post from 2004
just made it here. The failure to auto-correct "alot" is another sign
pointing to an ancient post.

I've always been fascinated by the pride that some adults take in their
spelling, Did you get a blue ribbon for that as a child?

That particular article gave the $8000 Canon 1Ds Mark II a score of
9.8 and the $5000 Nikon D2x a score of 9.1, arguably making the Nikon
the better value. But if the differences pointed out in that article
led you to drop the extra 3 grand for the Canon, that's cool too.

I actually did not buy any of those cameras at the time, but found that
the rendering of colors was applicable to other models and makes too and
that one did not have to suffer the dreary colors of the Evolt. If you
had cared look at the files on the disk (those that are featuring
giraffes) you would have seen my point.

Sandman December 15th 15 07:41 AM

The answer is #42

In article , android wrote:

There has been alot of mail to the site asking why I prefer Canon
over Nikon.

What site?

--
Sandman

android December 15th 15 08:33 AM

The answer is #42

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , android wrote:

There has been alot of mail to the site asking why I prefer Canon
over Nikon.

What site?

Sarcasm is lost on you, I know that but it is a part of human language
and interaction. It's not to be used on children that are so young that
they yet have to learn how to read though. I also know that you're not a
child...
--
teleportation kills

Sandman December 15th 15 09:04 AM

The answer is #42

In article , android wrote:

android:
There has been alot of mail to the site asking why I prefer
Canon over Nikon.

Sandman:
What site?

Sarcasm is lost on you, I know that but it is a part of human
language and interaction. It's not to be used on children that are
so young that they yet have to learn how to read though. I also
know that you're not a child...

So you don't know what site? Just say so.

--
Sandman

android December 15th 15 09:31 AM

The answer is #42

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , android wrote:

android:
There has been alot of mail to the site asking why I prefer
Canon over Nikon.

Sandman:
What site?

Sarcasm is lost on you, I know that but it is a part of human
language and interaction. It's not to be used on children that are
so young that they yet have to learn how to read though. I also
know that you're not a child...

So you don't know what site? Just say so.

Thanks for proving my point.
--
teleportation kills