PhotoBanter.com

-   Darkroom Equipment For Sale (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   RC papers for minilabs (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=63867)

DNT May 25th 06 09:50 PM

RC papers for minilabs

I'm trying to decide on which paper to use in my store. We are using
Kodak Royal right now, but it's too flat. We do mostly pro photogs work
like weddings, schools, and sports with some walk in retail customers
here and there, so we need something with medium contrast that will
work for everything. Thanks...Did you notice I didn't YELL.

Mike King May 29th 06 03:45 AM

RC papers for minilabs

Nicely done, I don't know what kind of volume you are looking at or what's
available in your area but if you want to stay with Big Yellow see if they
still have Tech Reps (keep in mind these guys are supposed to recommend
Kodak Products but see what type of paper they recommend). I'm sure Fuji
has a similar squad of guys that will evaluate your needs. You'll need to
estimate your film mix as well as you clientele. And keep in mind the
product you are trying to sell as well. And your equipment. If you are
printing and reprinting for example for "pro" customers you need to charge
differently than for customers that will accept first run prints.

I can't be more specific with a product recommendation since the one hour
business has changed so much.

--
darkroommike

oups.com...

Mike King May 29th 06 03:46 AM

RC papers for minilabs

BTW Royal is a fairly low contrast paper since it's intended for prints from
consumer films which as a rule have more contrast than pro emulsions.

--
darkroommike
oups.com...