PhotoBanter.com

-   Photographing People (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Be careful about photographing your kids! (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=4628)

Paul Heslop October 14th 03 01:08 PM

Be careful about photographing your kids!

Mxsmanic wrote:

Here's what happens when you dare to photograph your own children:

http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues...l/1/index.html

Yet another argument for digital photography, I guess. Or you should
develop your own film. Then again, maybe both of these would be
considered "suspicious activities" in themselves.

Found this from 3 years ago

http://www.hotstreak.net/anti/news/mar00/070300b.htm

--
Paul. (Love with tongues of fire)
Not what it seems...

gr October 14th 03 01:42 PM

Be careful about photographing your kids!

"Kiddie porn", if it doesn't actually involve real incidents of rape, is
nothing more than lewd photos. As such, it is quite unsurprising to see the
moral majority step in and outlaw such victimless crimes. This behaviour
fits Texas well, as well as anti-sodomy laws, anti-gay laws, etc. It's not
the "kiddie-porn" that sickens me, it's the self-righteous attitude of the
"moral majority".

.... and the U.S. calls itself a "free" society!

Mxsmanic October 14th 03 02:29 PM

gr writes:

"Kiddie porn", if it doesn't actually involve real incidents of rape, is
nothing more than lewd photos. As such, it is quite unsurprising to see the
moral majority step in and outlaw such victimless crimes. This behaviour
fits Texas well, as well as anti-sodomy laws, anti-gay laws, etc. It's not
the "kiddie-porn" that sickens me, it's the self-righteous attitude of the
"moral majority".

... and the U.S. calls itself a "free" society!

As with homosexuality, the people most paranoid about child pornography
and most likely to see it where it doesn't exist are often the same
people who secretly lust after such material. What better job for a
peodphile, for example, than as a police officer investigating
pedophilia? It's the best way to see illegal child pornography with a
perfectly legitimate cover. And by prosecuting incidents of innocent
nudity, the cover can be maintained and access to the "real thing"
maintained as well.

I notice that a lot of people who campaign against pornography seem to
be a lot more familiar with it than I am, even though I have nothing
against pornography. I wonder about people who spend hours and hours
salivating over the photos that they claim are evil and indecent.

Giorgis October 14th 03 03:10 PM

Be careful about photographing your kids!

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

snip

As with homosexuality, the people most paranoid about child pornography
and most likely to see it where it doesn't exist are often the same
people who secretly lust after such material. What better job for a
peodphile, for example, than as a police officer investigating
pedophilia? It's the best way to see illegal child pornography with a
perfectly legitimate cover. And by prosecuting incidents of innocent
nudity, the cover can be maintained and access to the "real thing"
maintained as well.

snip

Often ? That is getting a little paranoid in it self :-) Its a pitty
that you cant even smile at a child in a park and they look at you funny.

Having said that, I foudnd it funny today driving along when I saw a
fire engine with a sign.

"Wanna feel the heat, how about work for the fire brigade"

It kind of sounded like

"Are you a fire bug, come and see your own fires from close up"

Giorgis

[email protected] October 14th 03 03:44 PM

Be careful about photographing your kids!

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:42:30 -0400, "gr"
wrote:

"Kiddie porn", if it doesn't actually involve real incidents of rape,

is
nothing more than lewd photos. As such, it is quite unsurprising to

see the
moral majority step in and outlaw such victimless crimes. This

behaviour
fits Texas well, as well as anti-sodomy laws, anti-gay laws, etc.

It's not
the "kiddie-porn" that sickens me, it's the self-righteous attitude

of the
"moral majority".

... and the U.S. calls itself a "free" society!

I'm with ya on this, BUT, imagine this...

You take your photos of your 4 year old daughter running naked through
the house or rolling around with the puppy. You take the photos in to
the local developer where some 19 year old kid is twisted enough to
get off on such things. He makes some copies and then scans em up on
the net. Now the innocent pictures of your precious little angle are
avail abel to millions of pedophiles to wack off to.

I'm not trying to **** you off, I just want to point out that these
laws are there for a reason. I do not always agree with the way the
laws are used or applied such as in this case.
--
Like a game of pick up stick played by ****ing lunatics

J C October 14th 03 04:19 PM

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:44:21 GMT, wrote:

You take the photos in to
the local developer where some 19 year old kid is twisted enough to
get off on such things. He makes some copies and then scans em up on
the net. Now the innocent pictures of your precious little angle are
avail abel to millions of pedophiles to wack off to.

AND therein lies one of the problems with strangers taking pics of
kids in public places, as mentioned in the above thread.

Today it's simply too easy for the stuff to be mass distributed.

But don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying that the situations in the
articles referred to in this thread merit government intervention.

-- JC

Ron Hunter October 14th 03 04:32 PM

gr wrote:
"Kiddie porn", if it doesn't actually involve real incidents of rape, is
nothing more than lewd photos. As such, it is quite unsurprising to see the
moral majority step in and outlaw such victimless crimes. This behaviour
fits Texas well, as well as anti-sodomy laws, anti-gay laws, etc. It's not
the "kiddie-porn" that sickens me, it's the self-righteous attitude of the
"moral majority".

... and the U.S. calls itself a "free" society!

"Mxsmanic" wrote

Here's what happens when you dare to photograph your own children:

http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues...l/1/index.html

Yet another argument for digital photography, I guess. Or you should
develop your own film. Then again, maybe both of these would be
considered "suspicious activities" in themselves.

There are limits, but the current laws in responce to an attitude of
hysteria go MUCH too far. The current laws use the word 'provocative'.
What may provoke one might be simply 'cute' to another. Somewhere I
have an old picture of my niece that is unmistakenly 'provocative', but
it is no way lewd, or lacivious, nor does it show anything sexual.
Still, were I to dig it out, I wouldn't take it to WalMart for printing.

Ron Hunter October 14th 03 04:34 PM

Mxsmanic wrote:

gr writes:

[...]

No. The ideal job for a pedophile is gymanstics coach. Not only do
they get to see children in skimpy, or tight clothes, and watch them
move, and pose, and show off, they get PAID to touch. A fox hired to
guard a hen house doesn't have it so good.

Ron Hunter October 14th 03 04:35 PM

Be careful about photographing your kids!

Giorgis wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

snip

[...]

It isn't at all uncommon to read of a firefighter arrested for arson.

Ron Hunter October 14th 03 04:44 PM

wrote:

[...]

I don't see how your example really means much, except that perhaps one
shouldn't entrust his pictures to anyone else. Thank heaven for digital
cameras. I don't have to submit my pictures to the judgement of someone
who may have been molested as a child, and who is hypersensitive on the
subject.