PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   [PICS] Windsor Ruins (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=104555)

jimkramer February 24th 09 03:31 PM

[PICS] Windsor Ruins

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Win...ndsorRuins.htm

(Not Dial-up Friendly)

-Jim

John McWilliams February 24th 09 08:33 PM

[PICS] Windsor Ruins

jimkramer wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Win...ndsorRuins.htm

(Not Dial-up Friendly)

Excellent- And actual blue skies, something lacking in N. Cal recently...

Do they-all pronounce it "runes"?

--
john mcwilliams

rwalker February 26th 09 03:28 AM

[PICS] Windsor Ruins

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 08:31:30 -0600, "jimkramer"
wrote:

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Win...ndsorRuins.htm

(Not Dial-up Friendly)

-Jim

I thought it was going to be a picture of the Queen. This is better.
Very nice.

Paul Furman February 26th 09 05:13 AM

[PICS] Windsor Ruins

jimkramer wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Win...ndsorRuins.htm

(Not Dial-up Friendly)

Oh, those are nice, thanks for sharing.
Sigma 12-24?

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

jimkramer February 26th 09 09:08 AM

[PICS] Windsor Ruins

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
jimkramer wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Win...ndsorRuins.htm

(Not Dial-up Friendly)

Oh, those are nice, thanks for sharing.
Sigma 12-24?

A couple of them are; the ones at 12mm. One of the guys I was with has it
and had never seen it on a full frame camera before; so I had to have a
look. :-) Very tempting. Changing the focal length on that lens is enough
to make you dizzy when looking through the view finder. Lots of 20mm shots
with the Canon 20mm 2.8F and some 15mm F2.8 Sigma Fisheye shots too.

Thanks or looking,
-Jim

John McWilliams February 26th 09 10:21 PM

[PICS] Windsor Ruins

jimkramer wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Win...ndsorRuins.htm

(Not Dial-up Friendly)

Oh, those are nice, thanks for sharing.
Sigma 12-24?

A couple of them are; the ones at 12mm. One of the guys I was with has it
and had never seen it on a full frame camera before; so I had to have a
look. :-) Very tempting. Changing the focal length on that lens is enough
to make you dizzy when looking through the view finder. Lots of 20mm shots
with the Canon 20mm 2.8F and some 15mm F2.8 Sigma Fisheye shots too.

Thanks or looking,

Anytime.

A very fine team of masons made those columns......

--
John McWilliams

Alan Browne February 26th 09 10:41 PM

[PICS] Windsor Ruins

jimkramer wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Win...ndsorRuins.htm

Nice colors and catching the reflection. Did you use a zoom lens? The
distortion of the line across the tops of the columns, and the columns
'falling out' is a bit of a distraction.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

jimkramer February 27th 09 12:46 AM

[PICS] Windsor Ruins

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
jimkramer wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Win...ndsorRuins.htm

Nice colors and catching the reflection. Did you use a zoom lens? The
distortion of the line across the tops of the columns, and the columns
'falling out' is a bit of a distraction.

That's the reason that nobody likes the Canon 20mm F2.8. :-)
-Jim

Russell D. February 27th 09 06:53 AM

[PICS] Windsor Ruins

jimkramer wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Win...ndsorRuins.htm

(Not Dial-up Friendly)

-Jim

Very nice, Jim. Thanks for sharing.

Russell

Alan Browne February 28th 09 12:12 AM

[PICS] Windsor Ruins

jimkramer wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Win...ndsorRuins.htm

Nice colors and catching the reflection. Did you use a zoom lens? The
distortion of the line across the tops of the columns, and the columns
'falling out' is a bit of a distraction.

That's the reason that nobody likes the Canon 20mm F2.8. :-)

Was the lens axis horizontal to the ground?

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.