PhotoBanter.com

-   Other Photographic Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Kiev 88 TTL Battery? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=119356)

tcroyer July 1st 11 01:22 AM

Kiev 88 TTL Battery?

Just got a Kiev 88 TTL off eBay. All is working well, but I can't figure
out what batteries to use. The Englich language manual I have indicates 3
each of type PX675 or RM 675 or MS 76. I tried stacking 3 MS 76's, but the
battery compartment was too large.

Elsewhere on the internet I found reference to 3 G13/A76/LR44. Haven't
tried those yet. Anyone have any experience or ideas?

Thanks much in advance.

Tom

--
Tom Royer
If you're not free to fail, you're not free. -- Gene Burns

Geoffrey S. Mendelson July 1st 11 11:59 AM

Kiev 88 TTL Battery?

tcroyer wrote:
Just got a Kiev 88 TTL off eBay. All is working well, but I can't figure
out what batteries to use. The Englich language manual I have indicates 3
each of type PX675 or RM 675 or MS 76. I tried stacking 3 MS 76's, but the
battery compartment was too large.

Elsewhere on the internet I found reference to 3 G13/A76/LR44. Haven't
tried those yet. Anyone have any experience or ideas?

Here' a good article I found by searching the web for "PX675":
http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_px675.htm

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.

tcroyer July 2nd 11 06:27 PM

Kiev 88 TTL Battery?

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
tcroyer wrote:
Just got a Kiev 88 TTL off eBay. All is working well, but I can't figure
out what batteries to use. The Englich language manual I have indicates
3
each of type PX675 or RM 675 or MS 76. I tried stacking 3 MS 76's, but
the
battery compartment was too large.

Elsewhere on the internet I found reference to 3 G13/A76/LR44. Haven't
tried those yet. Anyone have any experience or ideas?

Here' a good article I found by searching the web for "PX675":
http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_px675.htm

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.

Thanks for the reference. I've also found that 6v medical or photo
batteries (the little, fat barrel shaped ones) fit and operate the meter --
I haven't, though, figured out what the higher voltage does to the exposure
reading.

Thanks again.