PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Canon-paid shills accused of slaging new Nikons? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=85568)

RichA August 31st 07 06:00 PM

Canon-paid shills accused of slaging new Nikons?

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=24615394

Charlie Self August 31st 07 08:09 PM

On Aug 31, 1:00 pm, RichA wrote:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=24615394

It's "slagging," Rich.

Pete D August 31st 07 09:43 PM

Canon-paid shills accused of slaging new Nikons?

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 31, 1:00 pm, RichA wrote:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=24615394

It's "slagging," Rich.

And it's emplyees!

ASAAR August 31st 07 10:13 PM

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:00:37 -0700, RichA wrote:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=24615394

I hope we all resist the temptation of wanting to respond to
corporate shills and starve them of the of the one thing that
can sustain them, namely the attention that the seek to receive.
Notoriety is the oxygen of shills.

A shill is a shill, whether corporate or not. But this sentence
can also be applied to trolls, which may not be good news for a
certain familiar poster if most readers heed this advice.

RichA September 1st 07 01:33 AM

On Aug 31, 5:13 pm, ASAAR wrote:
On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:00:37 -0700, RichA wrote:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=24615394
I hope we all resist the temptation of wanting to respond to
corporate shills and starve them of the of the one thing that
can sustain them, namely the attention that the seek to receive.
Notoriety is the oxygen of shills.

A shill is a shill, whether corporate or not. But this sentence
can also be applied to trolls, which may not be good news for a
certain familiar poster if most readers heed this advice.

Why? Posters aren't taking people's money, like Canon. Oooppsss!!!

ASAAR September 1st 07 01:51 AM

Canon-paid shills accused of slaging new Nikons?

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 17:33:51 -0700, RichA, who doesn't play in
traffic often enough, wrote:

I hope we all resist the temptation of wanting to respond to
corporate shills and starve them of the of the one thing that
can sustain them, namely the attention that the seek to receive.
Notoriety is the oxygen of shills.

A shill is a shill, whether corporate or not. But this sentence
can also be applied to trolls, which may not be good news for a
certain familiar poster if most readers heed this advice.

Why? Posters aren't taking people's money, like Canon. Oooppsss!!!

Oops is right. Unlike shills, trolls aren't in it for money or
other bennies. Sometimes they do it because their mental health is
a bit lacking, and they crave an abnormal amount of attention.

RichA September 1st 07 02:03 AM

traffic often enough, wrote:
I hope we all resist the temptation of wanting to respond to
corporate shills and starve them of the of the one thing that
can sustain them, namely the attention that the seek to receive.
Notoriety is the oxygen of shills.

A shill is a shill, whether corporate or not. But this sentence
can also be applied to trolls, which may not be good news for a
certain familiar poster if most readers heed this advice.

Why? Posters aren't taking people's money, like Canon. Oooppsss!!!

Oops is right. Unlike shills, trolls aren't in it for money or
other bennies. Sometimes they do it because their mental health is
a bit lacking, and they crave an abnormal amount of attention.

So the guy who posted it on dpreview is a troll and so am I for
posting it here?
Can a Canon D50-owning flak BE any more transparent???

ASAAR September 1st 07 02:42 AM

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:03:37 -0700, RichA wrote:

Oops is right. Unlike shills, trolls aren't in it for money or
other bennies. Sometimes they do it because their mental health is
a bit lacking, and they crave an abnormal amount of attention.

So the guy who posted it on dpreview is a troll and so am I
for posting it here?

You'd be a troll even if DPReview didn't exist. I wouldn't call
the guy that posted it a troll. Trolls are defined by more than
just the content of any individual posts them make. They (and you)
earn the label based on the totality of their posts. That a few may
not be as moronic as most doesn't mean that they aren't trolls as
well. Your role model (Der Shrub) may occasionally utter a well
constructed sentence, but that doesn't prove that he's not a moron
or incapable of behaving like a blithering idiot.

Can a Canon D50-owning flak BE any more transparent???

What's his login name? CanonA?