PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I was told any good lens can out-resolve any sensor... (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=125456)

Rob March 16th 13 09:56 PM

I was told any good lens can out-resolve any sensor...

On 16/03/2013 6:37 AM, RichA wrote:
But has anyone on a D800 seen an excellent lens beat a good lens when
it comes to resolution, in the centre, at f/8.0?

Haven't ventured into the unknown using poor quality lenses, usually
stick to the upper range of Nikon. The 24-120 is my normal zoom lens,
this lens has improved since it was introduced, I'm on the third
generation 24-120 f4 with the Nano Crystal Coat elements. This to me is
quite a sharp lens, evaluating the fine detail at 100%.

I have only spoken to a chap with a D800 who was using a Zeiss WA
(around the 18mm mark??) lens, he said it was better than the Nikon
lens. He was shooting for a geographical magazine so ill keep an eye out
for his results.