PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Nikon "Coolpix P1000" - 125x Optical Zoom! (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131678)

John Turco August 2nd 18 10:27 PM

Nikon "Coolpix P1000" - 125x Optical Zoom!

Finally, 100x optical zoom has been breached, if not shattered. Nikon's
"Coolpix P1000" sports a massive 125x lens, and includes many advanced
features (e.g., RAW).

The camera will debut in September of 2018, with a lofty retail price of
$999.95 USD.

John

---
https://www.avg.com

nospam August 2nd 18 10:36 PM

Nikon "Coolpix P1000" - 125x Optical Zoom!

In article , John Turco
wrote:

---
https://www.avg.com

usenet posts are not email and the sig delimiter is invalid, which
means avg is worthless crap and from a company who loves to spam.

John Turco August 4th 18 10:42 PM

Nikon "Coolpix P1000" - 125x Optical Zoom!

On 8/2/2018 4:36 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , John Turco
wrote:

---
https://www.avg.com

usenet posts are not email and the sig delimiter is invalid, which
means avg is worthless crap and from a company who loves to spam.

Yeah, but...what do you think of the P1000?

John

nospam August 6th 18 02:40 AM

Nikon "Coolpix P1000" - 125x Optical Zoom!

In article ,
RichA wrote:

Yeah, but...what do you think of the P1000?

The ultimate private detective camera.

actually that would be an infrared camera.

PeterN[_7_] August 6th 18 02:46 AM

On 8/4/2018 5:42 PM, John Turco wrote:
On 8/2/2018 4:36 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , John Turco
wrote:

---
https://www.avg.com

usenet posts are not email and the sig delimiter is invalid, which
means avg is worthless crap and from a company who loves to spam.

Yeah, but...what do you think of the P1000?

John

I will try it when it's available, and buy it if there is not too much
noise, or shutter lag.

--
PeterN

Bill W August 6th 18 03:22 AM

Nikon "Coolpix P1000" - 125x Optical Zoom!

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 21:46:42 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 8/4/2018 5:42 PM, John Turco wrote:
On 8/2/2018 4:36 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , John Turco
wrote:

---
https://www.avg.com

usenet posts are not email and the sig delimiter is invalid, which
means avg is worthless crap and from a company who loves to spam.

Yeah, but...what do you think of the P1000?

John

I will try it when it's available, and buy it if there is not too much
noise, or shutter lag.

That thing's going to need some extraordinary IS. Or a tripod.

PeterN[_7_] August 6th 18 08:07 PM

wrote:

On 8/4/2018 5:42 PM, John Turco wrote:
On 8/2/2018 4:36 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , John Turco
wrote:

---
https://www.avg.com

usenet posts are not email and the sig delimiter is invalid, which
means avg is worthless crap and from a company who loves to spam.

Yeah, but...what do you think of the P1000?

John

I will try it when it's available, and buy it if there is not too much
noise, or shutter lag.

That thing's going to need some extraordinary IS. Or a tripod.

Or high ISO capability, and extraordinary tracking ability. I suspect it
will not be suitable for me, but I will give it a fair try.

--
PeterN

PeterN[_7_] August 6th 18 08:08 PM

Nikon "Coolpix P1000" - 125x Optical Zoom!

On 8/5/2018 9:40 PM, nospam wrote:
In article ,
RichA wrote:

Yeah, but...what do you think of the P1000?

The ultimate private detective camera.

actually that would be an infrared camera.

Why?

--
PeterN

nospam August 6th 18 08:54 PM

Nikon "Coolpix P1000" - 125x Optical Zoom!

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Yeah, but...what do you think of the P1000?

The ultimate private detective camera.

actually that would be an infrared camera.

Why?

because infrared light is not visible to humans, so a detective could
take photos in the dark, lit by infrared flash, and nobody would notice
anything unusual.

another use is forensics to detect forgeries or other anomalies.
https://kolarivision.com/articles/forensics/

PeterN[_7_] August 6th 18 09:29 PM

Nikon "Coolpix P1000" - 125x Optical Zoom!

On 8/6/2018 3:54 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Yeah, but...what do you think of the P1000?

The ultimate private detective camera.

actually that would be an infrared camera.

Why?

because infrared light is not visible to humans, so a detective could
take photos in the dark, lit by infrared flash, and nobody would notice
anything unusual.

another use is forensics to detect forgeries or other anomalies.
https://kolarivision.com/articles/forensics/

True infrared might not show sufficient details for meaningful
identification. Images taken from a long distance would. I suspect you
were conflating near IR with true IR.
BTW you just reminded me that Apple used to sell IR lenses in its
stores, but recently stopped. i want to see if they are available online.

--
PeterN