PhotoBanter.com

-   -   shot delay in Sony P&S (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=20784)

Developwebsites November 29th 04 05:18 PM

shot delay in Sony P&S

I had previously posted how I hated the time delay in digital P&S.
I had once again had a chance to use a digital P&S, this time a 6.1Sony(I used
an HP before).
I always framed by shots using the LCD, pressed button half way, then all the
way. The screen went blank for a seconds, 2 flash bursts later the screen was
back on.

Now I dont get it, did the camera take the shot when the screen went blank, or
did it go blank after the shot was already taken?
I really DO NOT like the screen going blank at all, the delay between shots was
still noticeable, but shorter than in the 3.2mp HP.

Allodoxaphobia November 29th 04 06:16 PM

On 29 Nov 2004 17:18:53 GMT, Developwebsites hath writ:

I had previously posted how I hated the time delay in digital P&S.
I had once again had a chance to use a digital P&S, this time a 6.1Sony(I used
an HP before).
I always framed by shots using the LCD, pressed button half way, then all the
way. The screen went blank for a seconds, 2 flash bursts later the screen was
back on.

Sounds like the camera is in the "always-shot-with-red-eye-set" mode.

Big Bill November 29th 04 09:10 PM

On 29 Nov 2004 17:18:53 GMT, ATSPAM
(Developwebsites) wrote:

I had previously posted how I hated the time delay in digital P&S.
I had once again had a chance to use a digital P&S, this time a 6.1Sony(I used
an HP before).
I always framed by shots using the LCD, pressed button half way, then all the
way. The screen went blank for a seconds, 2 flash bursts later the screen was
back on.

Now I dont get it, did the camera take the shot when the screen went blank, or
did it go blank after the shot was already taken?
I really DO NOT like the screen going blank at all, the delay between shots was
still noticeable, but shorter than in the 3.2mp HP.

If this sort of thing bothers you, use the viewfinder. It doesn't go
blamk, unless it's an EVF, which, frankly, I don't see a need for.
--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"