PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What's this thing? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=9441)

greg August 14th 04 08:48 PM

What's this thing?

Hi folks,

While going through some old equipment I bought off my mom years ago that
I'm preparing to sell, I came across this thing:

http://66.51.108.232/images/fuji_thing.jpg

Anyone tell me what this is? The white part on the bottom is semi-flexible
and seems to fit snuggly onto a lens mount, but I can't figure out what it
does.

Thanks in advance.

ColynGİ August 14th 04 09:01 PM

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 19:48:06 GMT, "greg" wrote:

Hi folks,

While going through some old equipment I bought off my mom years ago that
I'm preparing to sell, I came across this thing:

http://66.51.108.232/images/fuji_thing.jpg

Anyone tell me what this is? The white part on the bottom is semi-flexible
and seems to fit snuggly onto a lens mount, but I can't figure out what it
does.

Thanks in advance.

It is a lens hood.

Colyn Goodson

email hidden

http://www.colyngoodson.com

greg August 14th 04 09:22 PM

Hmmm, that doesn't seem to make sense. It's too small, even for the smallest
lens in the kit. It seems to fit snuggly on the lens mount of the lens, not
on the other end of the lens.

Alan Meyer August 14th 04 09:23 PM

"greg" wrote in message
Hi folks,

While going through some old equipment I bought off my mom years

ago that
I'm preparing to sell, I came across this thing:

http://66.51.108.232/images/fuji_thing.jpg

Anyone tell me what this is? The white part on the bottom is

semi-flexible
and seems to fit snuggly onto a lens mount, but I can't figure out

what it
does.

Thanks in advance.

Hmmm.

Lens shade (though a little short for that)?

Filter holder?

Holder for an auxilliary lens?

ColynGİ August 14th 04 09:54 PM

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:22:55 GMT, "greg" wrote:

Hmmm, that doesn't seem to make sense. It's too small, even for the smallest
lens in the kit. It seems to fit snuggly on the lens mount of the lens, not
on the other end of the lens.

What is the inside diameter? It may be for a lens with a smaller front
diameter such as a rangefinder lens.

Most 35mm RF cameras have a smaller lens than SLR's..

Colyn Goodson

email hidden

http://www.colyngoodson.com

Sabineellen August 14th 04 10:20 PM

Hi folks,

While going through some old equipment I bought off my mom years ago that
I'm preparing to sell, I came across this thing:

http://66.51.108.232/images/fuji_thing.jpg

Anyone tell me what this is? The white part on the bottom is semi-flexible
and seems to fit snuggly onto a lens mount, but I can't figure out what it
does.

Thanks in advance.

Just sell it as some "unkown fuji thing". There's a market for everything, you
know.

Come to think of it, "Unkown Fuji Object" would fit the UFO acronym.