PhotoBanter.com

-   Fine Art, Framing and Display (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Check these critical package (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=4917)

r.e.s. September 27th 03 09:21 PM

Check these critical package

"Tom Coates" wrote in message
A number of people have posted inquiries on the Microsoft
Windows 2000 Security newsgroup about this artful little piece of social
engineering. I'm afraid it's going to be with us for a while.

People who should know better have trouble remembering that Microsoft

never
distributes
software via e-mail.

has information on how it works and what to do about it. .

Tom

Now that I've had to cancel my old email account due to
the overwhelming flood of worm-generated email, I'm doing
a kind of test by posting this & other messages using a
"disposable" account that I've created for this purpose.
This email address is for use only in newsgroup postings,
and I'm asking readers to *not* to send email to it, the
objective being to test whether worms will actually harvest
it from newsgroup postings alone.

--r.e.s.