PhotoBanter.com

-   -   binary newsgroups? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=60654)

Beck April 15th 06 02:47 PM

binary newsgroups?

Are there any photo newsgroups like this one that accepts uploads of photos?
Thankyou.

Graham April 15th 06 03:12 PM

binary newsgroups?

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:47:25 +0100, Beck wrote:

Are there any photo newsgroups like this one that accepts uploads of photos?
Thankyou.

alt.binaries.photos.original

Tim April 15th 06 03:17 PM

binary newsgroups?

Are there any photo newsgroups like this one that accepts uploads of
photos? Thankyou.

alt.binaries.photos.original for starters

Tim

Beck April 15th 06 03:28 PM

binary newsgroups?

"Graham" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:47:25 +0100, Beck wrote:

Are there any photo newsgroups like this one that accepts uploads of
photos?
Thankyou.

alt.binaries.photos.original

Thanks. Doesn't appear to be in my list, I shall request it is added.

Graham April 15th 06 04:03 PM

binary newsgroups?

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:28:37 +0100, Beck wrote:

alt.binaries.photos.original

Thanks. Doesn't appear to be in my list, I shall request it is added.

Your with PlusNet aren't you Beck? I believe they have recently
dropped all binary groups.

Beck April 15th 06 04:37 PM

binary newsgroups?

"Graham" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:28:37 +0100, Beck wrote:

alt.binaries.photos.original

Thanks. Doesn't appear to be in my list, I shall request it is added.

Your with PlusNet aren't you Beck? I believe they have recently
dropped all binary groups.

I thought that but then I heard that they have dropped binary for the £14.99
customers only so I am a tad confused about what I should be able to get (I
am on £21.99 service)

Gizmo April 15th 06 04:52 PM

binary newsgroups?

"Beck" wrote in message

"Graham" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:28:37 +0100, Beck wrote:

alt.binaries.photos.original

Thanks. Doesn't appear to be in my list, I shall request it is added.

Your with PlusNet aren't you Beck? I believe they have recently
dropped all binary groups.

I thought that but then I heard that they have dropped binary for the
£14.99 customers only so I am a tad confused about what I should be able
to get (I am on £21.99 service)

I'd recommend Giganews if you have no luck with Plusnet. They carry just
about all of the binary NGs

Tony Gartshore April 15th 06 05:31 PM

binary newsgroups?

In article ,
says...

"Graham" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:28:37 +0100, Beck wrote:

alt.binaries.photos.original

Thanks. Doesn't appear to be in my list, I shall request it is added.

Your with PlusNet aren't you Beck? I believe they have recently
dropped all binary groups.

I thought that but then I heard that they have dropped binary for the £14.99
customers only so I am a tad confused about what I should be able to get (I
am on £21.99 service)

Just checked, no binaries listed for a premium account either..

T.

Paul Bartram April 16th 06 08:27 AM

binary newsgroups?

"Tony Gartshore" wrote

Just checked, no binaries listed for a premium account either..

Try www.teranews.com They have a.b.p.o with an almost 10,000 post
retention, and about 200 posts per day, most of them photos plus some
discussion. I saw no Spam at all!

Teranews free account allows 50Mb per day downloads, and I think unlimited
uploads. You do need a valid credit / debit card for verification (so they
can charge for excess bandwidth) but I've never had an unauthorised charge
from them on mine.

Paul

Beck April 16th 06 11:59 AM

binary newsgroups?

"Tony Gartshore" wrote in message

Just checked, no binaries listed for a premium account either..

I wll have to take it up with the fibbers on the broadband group then :-)