PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Nikon D1x makes 2.5 gigapixel image (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=28751)

David J Taylor November 18th 04 08:57 AM

Nikon D1x makes 2.5 gigapixel image

See:

http://www.tpd.tno.nl/smartsite966.html

Razer - Photo Journalist November 20th 04 07:15 AM

WOW!

I want one! I have a Nikon D100.

Earle Jones November 20th 04 07:50 PM

In article ,
"Razer - Photo Journalist"
wrote:

WOW!

I want one! I have a Nikon D100.

"David J Taylor" wrote in message
See:

http://www.tpd.tno.nl/smartsite966.html

*
Here's a test: Open the above site and see if you can find the name
"Gunther" in the picture.

earle
*

stator November 20th 04 08:48 PM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:57:49 -0000, "David J Taylor"

http://www.tpd.tno.nl/smartsite966.html

If you zoom in on the bus on the street 2/3 to the right and 3/5 up
you will see a flaw in the photograph.
The bus is cut off in the back and there's a car where the rest of the
bus should be. I assume this image is made from multiple images
stitched together?

Still, an incredible photograph.

Joe

Alan November 21st 04 10:37 PM

I real time waster! Started looking around it 30 minutes ago!

I found a clock (about 3:12pm). It would be pm unless he had a really
powerful flash and great power adjustment!!

Thanks for sharing this link, though in economic terms I'm concerned
at the loss of productivity in companies where this is doing the
e-mail rounds. Servers under pressure everywhere.

I can't help pondering if the girl on the roof was aware the picture
was being taken .....

Thanks again,
Alan

Alan November 21st 04 10:43 PM

A second clock confirms time at after 3pm for distant shots on centre
and to right. Mmmm, time to consider closing this link!