PhotoBanter.com

-   Large Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Wisner 5x7 Traditional cs. Canham MQC (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=2907)

anonymous May 9th 04 12:44 AM

Wisner 5x7 Traditional cs. Canham MQC

I'm choosing between the Wisner 5x7 Traditional and the Canham MQC.

My current lenses are a 110mm Schneider XL, a 210mm Schneider APO-Symmar,
and a Fuji 450mm C.

If I go with Canham, I can use my 110mm. No so with the Wisner due to its
115mm min bellows draw (and no, I don't want a bag bellows).

If I go with the Wisner, I'll sell my 3 lenses and replace them with a 150mm
XL, and a Fuji 305mm.

Any thoughts on how the Wisner might work with the 150mm XL? I'm worried
about too little "room to move" if the bellows is more rigid than the
Canham's (as I've heard it is).

TIA-

Avron L. Gordon May 11th 04 02:03 PM

Wisner 5x7 Traditional cs. Canham MQC

One important consideration. The Wisner is easy to open, set up and fold
away. The Canham takes time.