PhotoBanter.com

-   -   neatimage alternatives? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=45743)

Ron Hunter April 21st 05 12:17 PM

Jim Waggener wrote:
"peter" wrote in message
news:wLy9e.36387$hB6.17244@trnddc06...

Are there any alternatives to neatimage that is just as good but
cheaper/free?
Or, does the latest photoshop have this feature (I plan to buy it some
day)?

Photoshop CS2 (shipping in May) has a new feature to reduce noise (or grain)
A current alternative to NeatImage is Noise Ninja.

Jim

PSE3 has some fairly effective noise reduction. Probably the same code
as in Photoshop CS2.

--
Ron Hunter

Stacey April 22nd 05 08:05 AM

Ed Ruf wrote:

The plugin allows one to use the selection tools in you editor and apply
the noise reduction only to those areas.

Exactly. I also have no problem supporting a company that writes good
software. Linux is free but I send mandrake (now mandriva) a check once a
year to keep them going..
--

Stacey

Onno Voors April 22nd 05 07:37 PM

"Douglas" wrote in
:

I originally downloaded the free plugin for Photoshop which also works
with Corel Photopaint and thought so much of it I bought the full
version.

Where can I find this free plugin?

--
Onno Voors

Stacey April 23rd 05 07:01 AM

Ed Ruf wrote:

There is no free plugin. There is however a free demo stand alone app on
the Neat Image web site.

That's what I thought, they've never had a free plugin AFAIK and this kind
of app works much better as a plugin than as a stand alone so it can be
selectively applied using layers..
--

Stacey

Alain April 23rd 05 12:09 PM

In article wLy9e.36387$hB6.17244@trnddc06, says...
Are there any alternatives to neatimage that is just as good but
cheaper/free?
Or, does the latest photoshop have this feature (I plan to buy it some day)?

You could try picture Cooler.

A bit strange GUI, but very good results after some tests.

http://denoiser.shorturl.com/

For a line-up of most tools :

"Noise Reduction Tool Comparison"

http://www.michaelalmond.com/Articles/noise.htm