PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   10 new pictures. (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=63564)

William Graham May 19th 06 06:22 AM

10 new pictures.

I recently posted 10 new pictures on pBase.....One of them has a nude in it,
that I discovered while retouching it in Photoshop....Can you guys find it?

They are at: http://www.pbase.com/w_e_graham/5

[email protected] May 19th 06 10:53 AM

10 new pictures.

William Graham wrote:
I recently posted 10 new pictures on pBase.....One of them has a nude in it,
that I discovered while retouching it in Photoshop....Can you guys find it?

They are at: http://www.pbase.com/w_e_graham/5

I found it! What the heck was that person doing there in the nude?
LOL!
Did you get his attention once the shutter clicked, or were you able to
escape without notice?
Good work!
Helen

Andrew Price May 19th 06 09:23 PM

10 new pictures.

On Thu, 18 May 2006 22:22:29 -0700, "William Graham"
wrote:

I recently posted 10 new pictures on pBase.....One of them has a nude in it,
that I discovered while retouching it in Photoshop....Can you guys find it?

I couldn't, but I liked spotting the cars in the photos taken in
Singapore in the 1950s - models I'd completely forgotten about like
the Rover 60, assorted Morris Oxfords, the Peugeot 403, a Ford
Anglia...

William Graham May 19th 06 10:48 PM

10 new pictures.

wrote in message
ps.com...

William Graham wrote:
I recently posted 10 new pictures on pBase.....One of them has a nude in
it,
that I discovered while retouching it in Photoshop....Can you guys find
it?

They are at: http://www.pbase.com/w_e_graham/5

I found it! What the heck was that person doing there in the nude?
LOL!
Did you get his attention once the shutter clicked, or were you able to
escape without notice?
Good work!
Helen

You know, I don't remember....I took it back in 1957, when I was in the US
Navy stationed on a ship that was visiting Hong Kong. I didn't even know
he/she was there until the other day, when I was scanning some of my old
slides, and cleaning them up with Photoshop 7.......Since it was in the
middle of the day, and there is a child there, I think it was a woman, but
we'll never know now, some 49 years later......It does tell us something
about "junk city", where many Hong Kong residents live.....they aren't too
concerned about modesty....

[email protected] May 19th 06 11:28 PM

10 new pictures.

William Graham wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

William Graham wrote:
[...]

1957----Wow. Those are great pics. Well done! Your preservation of
the photos and negs are to be commended.
Helen

William Graham May 19th 06 11:58 PM

10 new pictures.

wrote in message
ups.com...

William Graham wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

William Graham wrote:
[...]

I kept them in one of these metal boxes that holds 750 slides, and kept them
in the house, where they wouldn't be subject to the temperature/humidity
extremes of a non-heated space like a garage, for example. Otherwise, I
didn't do anything special to/with them. But they are not really in very
good shape. I have to do an awful lot of retouching on some of them, to
remove dozens of specks and spots that I believe are the beginning of mould
attacks. I don't know how I could have kept them any better, however, unless
I had the wherewithal to keep them in a dry nitrogen atmosphere, or
something exotic like that.....Air can get into these boxes, and that may be
a good thing. I don't know if they would have faired any better had they
been kept in an airtight container. The colors seemed to have faired
well....I seldom find one that needs color restoration......

[email protected] May 20th 06 01:40 AM

10 new pictures.

William Graham wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

William Graham wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

William Graham wrote:
[...]

It's almost impossible to keep anything dust free. Do you think those
plastic acid-free archival sleeves that store negs., slides, etc, are
any good? I've kept mine in those archival sleeves, but my negs are
only about 20 years old, when I became interested in photography.
Thanks,
Helen

Annika1980 May 20th 06 01:58 AM

10 new pictures.

I recently posted 10 new pictures on pBase.....One of them has a nude in it,
that I discovered while retouching it in Photoshop....Can you guys find it?

They are at: http://www.pbase.com/w_e_graham/5

Better be careful, Wild Bill. The Feds will nab you for posting child
porn.
I thought you were talkin about the naked gold guy on the statue
thingy.

Frank ess May 20th 06 02:54 AM

10 new pictures.

wrote:
William Graham wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

William Graham wrote:
[...]

Yes, it are. I'll mention again my favorite eBay seller: gargantua. He
gets prints from garage (jumble?) sales, estate sales, and who knows
where else, winnows them and puts up 60-some-odd examples for sale,
every week. Always an adventure to check the new ones on Sunday
evening.

--
Frank ess

William Graham May 20th 06 03:50 AM

10 new pictures.

wrote in message
ups.com...

William Graham wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

William Graham wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

William Graham wrote:
[...]

Yes....I think they are a good way to store negatives....I don't know about
slides, but I don't see why not....I just ordered a bunch of them over the
internet, and I am putting my negatives in them as soon as I get them back
from the processor. I notice that Wal Mart already puts your film strips in
separate sleeves like that. They are shorter, and only hold strips 4
pictures long, but they are better than the old way, because each strip has
a jacket for itself, so the film doesn't get to rub up against another strip
in the bottom of an envelope, which is the old way of doing it.