PhotoBanter.com

-   General Photography Techniques (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Calculation of best focus point (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=81411)

Michael Quintero May 26th 07 01:31 PM

Calculation of best focus point

Hi,

my question regards the calculation of the best focus point for a
situation in wich dof should extend from some near limit different
from the hyperfocal point to infinity. I know about the formula 2*X*Y/X
+Y (where X is the near limit of dof and Y is the far limit) to give
the best focus point but what value do I have to set for Y if it
should be infinity? - 0 or some negative value?

Any input very welcome!
Michael

BrJohan May 26th 07 03:48 PM

Calculation of best focus point

"Michael Quintero" skrev i meddelandet
oups.com...

Hi,

my question regards the calculation of the best focus point for a
situation in wich dof should extend from some near limit different
from the hyperfocal point to infinity. I know about the formula 2*X*Y/X
+Y (where X is the near limit of dof and Y is the far limit) to give
the best focus point but what value do I have to set for Y if it
should be infinity? - 0 or some negative value?

Any input very welcome!
Michael

The value of the expression for 'best focus point' approaches 2*X when Y
approaches infinity.

/BJ