PhotoBanter.com

-   Medium Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Holga 6X6 Mask? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=68005)

[email protected] July 30th 06 06:27 AM

Holga 6X6 Mask?

I just got the newest version of the Holga, the 120N. It seems that it
came with new bells and whistles that the older version (I think I had
the 120S) didn't have - spool tensioners, a "B" exposure mode, and a
6X6 mask.

Anyway, I completely forgot I had that mask thing. I'm not really sure
what it does. The film I have in my camera now has 16 exposures in it.
And I think I was supposed to use the mask. Will my pictures come out
with a little border, or something, without the mask?

And if I have 12 exposures, then I just use what's in the camera
already - the 6x4.5 mask?

Enlighten me.

Thanks.

Q.G. de Bakker July 30th 06 10:04 AM

Holga 6X6 Mask?

wrote:

I just got the newest version of the Holga, the 120N. It seems that it
came with new bells and whistles that the older version (I think I had
the 120S) didn't have - spool tensioners, a "B" exposure mode, and a
6X6 mask.

Anyway, I completely forgot I had that mask thing. I'm not really sure
what it does. The film I have in my camera now has 16 exposures in it.
And I think I was supposed to use the mask. Will my pictures come out
with a little border, or something, without the mask?

And if I have 12 exposures, then I just use what's in the camera
already - the 6x4.5 mask?

Nope.
You can't get 16 exposures of 6x6 format on a roll. Only 12. The film is not
long enough.
You do get 16 exposures of 6x4.5 on a roll though.

The Holga's format is 6x6, which is reduced to 6x4.5 using the mask.
So you should have it in there right now. Without it, the frames overlap
quite a bit.

David J. Littleboy July 30th 06 10:20 AM

Holga 6X6 Mask?

"Q.G. de Bakker" wrote:

The Holga's format is 6x6, which is reduced to 6x4.5 using the mask.
So you should have it in there right now. Without it, the frames overlap
quite a bit.

Hmm. It sounds like you do get 16 6x6 frames to a roll; 16 overlapping
frames.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan