PhotoBanter.com

-   Photographing Nature (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Good scenic spots in N. Arizona? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=81406)

geronimo May 26th 07 08:08 AM

Good scenic spots in N. Arizona?

We are going to be staying at Grand Canyon S. Rim for three days. So
will get lots of pics of the Canyon area, but what are some more
picturesque spots that might be within an hours drive, or not too far
off from the highway running from Phoenix to the South Rim?

Ron Recer May 26th 07 12:37 PM

"geronimo" wrote in message
We are going to be staying at Grand Canyon S. Rim for three days. So
will get lots of pics of the Canyon area, but what are some more
picturesque spots that might be within an hours drive, or not too far
off from the highway running from Phoenix to the South Rim?

Sedona, AZ between GC and Phoenix.

Ron

Ron May 27th 07 10:04 AM

Good scenic spots in N. Arizona?

Walnut Canyon, east of Flagstaff. http://www.nps.gov/waca/

N35 10.307 W111 30.545

"geronimo" schreef in bericht

Greg Scott July 6th 07 10:23 PM

On May 26, 3:08 am, geronimo wrote:
We are going to be staying at Grand Canyon S. Rim for three days. So
will get lots of pics of the Canyon area, but what are some more
picturesque spots that might be within an hours drive, or not too far
off from the highway running from Phoenix to the South Rim?

If you can work it into your route, try LOWER Antelolpe Canyon, Just
outside Page AZ.
Upper Antelope canyon is nice too, but for 1 paid admission of about
25 dollars, you can spend 4 hours in the lower canyon on a
photographer's pass, which does not cost extra. The lower canyon is
directly accross the highway from the upper canyon.